Replacing faucet in Hawk

NorCalHawk said:
Here are a couple of photos showing new faucet.
NorCal, Can you take a closer picture of the faucet like Bill Harr's photo up close. I wanted a closer look at the base of your faucet. What brand is yours and where did you purchase it?
Thanks, John

Thanks Flyfisher....

Here is a close up, I hope this helps. I bought it at Ace Hardware and its made by Moen #CA84913, ($60.00, I know...ouch, but quality comes at a price(so they say?). Also, just an additional comment...I have made several modifications to my 2012 Hawk, most of which are little things. But, three mods I made, which I should have done from day one are: (1) I had the original foam mattress sliced down from 4" to 3", this made a huge (comfort) difference. (2) I replaced the (pole) dinette table with a Lagun and now, (3) the faucet. Happy camper I am.

Attachments

• 20140522_102420 (640x360).jpg
    20140522_102420 (640x360).jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 148
NorCalHawk said:
Thanks Flyfisher....

Here is a close up, I hope this helps. I bought it at Ace Hardware and its made by Moen #CA84913, ($60.00, I know...ouch, but quality comes at a price(so they say?). Also, just an additional comment...I have made several modifications to my 2012 Hawk, most of which are little things. But, three mods I made, which I should have done from day one are: (1) I had the original foam mattress sliced down from 4" to 3", this made a huge (comfort) difference. (2) I replaced the (pole) dinette table with a Lagun and now, (3) the faucet. Happy camper I am.
Thanks for the close-up. Did you use teflon tape over the threads before you tightened everything up? My Grandby should be ready mid-July and the first 3 mods will be the faucet, thermostat, installing the voltage meter. I also plan on doing what Ted did with the wood cutting board. So many different thermostat choices, so I will probably go to Menards or Home Depot and find a non-programable heat only. John

longhorn1 said:
Thanks for the close-up. Did you use teflon tape over the threads before you tightened everything up? My Grandby should be ready mid-July and the first 3 mods will be the faucet, thermostat, installing the voltage meter. I also plan on doing what Ted did with the wood cutting board. So many different thermostat choices, so I will probably go to Menards or Home Depot and find a non-programable heat only. John
All twist to tighten faucet connections should have gaskets or O rings. I am always amazed how many people put tape on the threads. Faucets have straight threads and not tapered NPT.

John,

(1) When I took the FWC faucet out there was Teflon tape applied to the threads, Plastic to plastic, so I taped the threads on the new faucet as well. Right or wrong(?), it works....no leaks.

(2) I also replaced the FWC thermostat with a non programmable Honeywell #RTH5100B, with a backlit display, $21.00. Its simple to install/use and you can't go wrong. Use the original pre-wires. You can only hook up heat, because (in my Hawk) there are only two wires to use, heat and fan. I got it, again, at Ace Hardware Store, or go on line. It is accurate!

(3) Also, I installed a new digital voltmeter with a (bright, on/off) backlit display. I got this from the inventor/maker, its called VoltMinder, $40.00 and he paid shipping (or it's included, whatever!). It is only(?) available through him, (Google VoltMinder and you will find him). Call him, he's a nice (retired trucker) guy. You can get one that plugs into a 12V cig. plug or hardwire it. I wired mine to my battery system. Again, it is accurate! Michael

Attachments

• 093 (328x490).jpg
    093 (328x490).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 130

Back
Top Bottom