replacing vents

caseboy

i'm getting ready to replace roof vents. my openings are 14"x 14" exactly. all the internet sites that iv'e visited list vents as 14" or 14,1/4" sizes. even different measurements for same product.has anyone ordered some that fit that 14"hole, and where's the best place to order from? just looking for basic vent -no fan. i wish i was close enough to shop in person and measure vent myself.
thanks,wes

i'm getting ready to replace roof vents. my openings are 14"x 14" exactly. all the internet sites that iv'e visited list vents as 14" or 14,1/4" sizes. even different measurements for same product.has anyone ordered some that fit that 14"hole, and where's the best place to order from? just looking for basic vent -no fan. i wish i was close enough to shop in person and measure vent myself.
thanks,wes

Back in my younger years I used to install those vents for Skyline. They have quite a bit of room for error using the plastic trim piece in the interior and the exterior overlaps a lot as well. Most of the vents I have seen at 14". I think you should be fine ordering that size. Ebay has several models that seem to be decent prices. Some even have the metal covers in case you want the vintage look.

While you have the old vent out....stick in a wire to the CB box over the back door...

then when you feel up to it and you want to install a couple little 12v computer fans....on a switch...

the wire is there...lo and behold ;)

Back
Top Bottom