Resale Value

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Yesterday, I sold my 16 year old F250 7.3L diesel. I brought it home on Christmas Eve of 1999. The resale value really surprised me. It sold for just over 40% of the purchase price. Not too shabby after 16 years of good service.

Congrats on your sale Mr. Sage. How many boxes of tissue for the tears did you go through watching your old trusty steed drive away?

No count on Kleenex as of yet. The tears are still flowing! I really liked that old truck, but having two big diesels made no sense.

That's because it's a coveted 7.3L. Low miles brings good money. Not the most powerful but can be modded easily to make decent power, no emissions stuff (urea), no removing the cab to work on it, and it's reliable. I've been offered pretty good money for mine and I turn it down. It's paid for and I don't want to afford a new one.

For at least 10 of the 12 years since I acquired my '02 7.3 oil-burner, the #1 comment I get from diesel guys is "I wish I never traded mine".

It's now entering a new phase of utility: In addition to being the "rolling tool box" for property maintenance chores and the WTW funmobile, it's "Pop's Big Twuck", the favorite ride home for our 2 year-old grandson.

Long may she rattle on.

Foy

"Pop has two twucks. A big twuck and a wittle twuck". The big twuck is loud and has tools in it".

And Pop's "wittle twuck" is a 2001 2WD Mazda B-3000 ext cab V-6 5-speed, a Ranger in Mazda clothing.........

Try RV LIFE Pro Free for 7 Days

• New Ad-Free experience on this RV LIFE Community.
  • Plan the best RV Safe travel with RV LIFE Trip Wizard.
  • Navigate with our RV Safe GPS mobile app.
  • and much more...
Try RV Life Pro Today
Back
Top Bottom