retractable screen doors

bike4mee

This topic doesn't seem to have posted in a few years but has anybody been able to buy or adapt one of those retractable screen doors that roll to the side? There are lots of them out there but of course they are too long and cant be cut down. 4WC has no solution except to buy a new door for $450.

Could you use one of those magnetic screen doors? I have seen them used on some campers but do not have any experience with them myself.

I'm still trying to figure out the non screen door issue, but for a temporary solution on our trip last month, I ran some Velcro around the inside of the door frame and glued some around the edge of a screen that was cut to fit the door opening. Works well for additional air flow.

The problem with a retractable screen door is that you have to have a frame to support the screen, this would cut down the size of your door opening. I am glad I ordered our camper with the screen, at the time I ordered the camper, the screen door was a special added for no extra charge. Step up and get the replacement door, you will be happy you did.

Back
Top Bottom