right size Pots/ recessed stove top

vtarider65

Hello ,

Fairly new here, I'm excited of taking delivery of a brand new hawk from the southern Ca. store in October .
I spoke with the guys there ,they warned me of the recessed stove top I am getting that if you put large pots / pans on the stove the flame will push out and melt the burner knobs. I did some measurements and it looks like you wouldn't want to go and larger that 8-"9" on the pots/pans .

Does anyone have any experience / advice in this with the newer recessed stove ?

any recommendations on style / brand of pots/ pans to use , back packing style?

Thanks for your time

Dave

vtarider65 said:
Hello ,

Fairly new here, I'm excited of taking delivery of a brand new hawk from the southern Ca. store in October .
I spoke with the guys there ,they warned me of the recessed stove top I am getting that if you put large pots / pans on the stove the flame will push out and melt the burner knobs. I did some measurements and it looks like you wouldn't want to go and larger that 8-"9" on the pots/pans .

Does anyone have any experience / advice in this with the newer recessed stove ?

any recommendations on style / brand of pots/ pans to use , back packing style?

Thanks for your time

Dave
I like the stainless nesting backpack pans.I also like folding frypans like the Sig, but it might be too large for the recessed burners.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Tony, I really like that 1.7 qt oven! Nice!

Thank you…
Thanks Steve. We use it a lot on our campstove set up outside the camper under the awning. Mostly for steaming veggies, heating pasta sauce to put on sliced polenta, cooking rice, etc. With the small fry pan on one burner, with brauts or polenta slices or bacon & eggs, and the small dutch oven on the other burner, it takes very little time to cook a tasty meal!

PaulT said:
Do you bake bread in it?
If so, what size is the resulting loaf?
And how is heat applied for bread?

Paul
Paul,

Never tried baking in it yet. We hauled a stovetop oven around for a couple of years, but never used it. It is in a drawer in the attic somewhere now.

Tony

Thanks for all the input !!!
I'll take any advice , has anyone had this experience of melting the knobs like the guys in Rancho told me about ..

ski3pin said:
Can you post the make and model of the stove that is used in your new camper?
I am not sure who makes the stove? its the flush mount one, I do not get my camper till the end of Oct.
Maybe someone that has theirs already would know the brand name .

I really like these guys! I have used GSI products for decades, everything from mountaineering to our FWC. There is all sizes in all materials you just have to find what size works for that stove. I will give huge accolades to the Pinnacle products. They are light like Titanium and the nonstick is bomber. You can use most metal utensils without scratching!
https://gsioutdoors.com/shop-by-function/cookware.html

Thank you so so much , great ideas ..... just deciding maybe to wait for delivery late. 10/22 ... before I buy the right pots .......... space etc ...

Back
Top Bottom