Roadmaster active suspension

2wiresDave

Was told about these these by FWC...said they have have been hearing from folks that have them, pretty nice reviews. The info I find seems so almost over the top positve, I was wondering if anyone else has tried them out who could comment. Searching threads has given me a little info, but no truly glowing reviews or pro's - con's. FWIW, FWC's personal vehicles if I understood correctly were mainly using Supersprings.

Truck is a 2011 Ford F150 supercrew 4x4 6.5 foot box and an upcoming Hawk. The truck has the max tow package which ups the payload a bit. Tires will be replaced with E's but I am getting analysis paralysis on the suspension....paved roads to gravel mountain washboard - no true "off-roading" per se. Asking around at local truck "accessory" shops give me nothing but blank stares and "why don't you just do Ride Rites?"

Sway bars? The Roadmasters make it seem like the be all end all...

Probably more concerned with driving manners at highway speeds than anything, and general ease of use. Will run truck 50% of time sans the camper.

Anyone? Bueller?

First post - amazing resource!

Was told about these these by FWC...said they have have been hearing from folks that have them, pretty nice reviews. The info I find seems so almost over the top positve, I was wondering if anyone else has tried them out who could comment. Searching threads has given me a little info, but no truly glowing reviews or pro's - con's. FWIW, FWC's personal vehicles if I understood correctly were mainly using Supersprings.

Truck is a 2011 Ford F150 supercrew 4x4 6.5 foot box and an upcoming Hawk. The truck has the max tow package which ups the payload a bit. Tires will be replaced with E's but I am getting analysis paralysis on the suspension....paved roads to gravel mountain washboard - no true "off-roading" per se. Asking around at local truck "accessory" shops give me nothing but blank stares and "why don't you just do Ride Rites?"

Sway bars? The Roadmasters make it seem like the be all end all...

Probably more concerned with driving manners at highway speeds than anything, and general ease of use. Will run truck 50% of time sans the camper.

Anyone? Bueller?

First post - amazing resource!

Since they eliminate the force on the frame above the axle, might be a good solution for the Tacomas with weak frames. For the F150 frame, I'd go with the Ride-Rites or Air Lift; and of course E Tires and Sway bar.
David H
Mill Valley
08 F250/06 Hawk

Back
Top Bottom