Roamin Chariot stolen 30 days ago Western Wa state.

It fits the smaller trucks, if not changed it will have three roof racks and more telling, two locks on the main entrance door.
I suspect the new owner knows it is stolen and made changes. Bad Karma.

The camper and truck were stolen out of my yard at home. I foolishly had the truck key hidden inside the truck.
I assumed no one in their right mind would steal a old truck and camper and risk 5 years in jail for doing so. That
was before I knew the reality of the situation.

Now I have more outside lights, and keep the outside vehicles locked and have wheel locks on them. All to encourage the thieves to go elsewhere. We also had to get a locked mailbox, as the thieves were all the time going through the mailboxes. The thieves are also all the time trying to steal stuff from unoccupied houses in the local area, this is on going.

This is in an rural area of WA state. However there is stealing activity and break ins happening all the time at trail heads in the state, off and on.

I like to leave my outfit at trail heads and to camp out at trail heads the night before and there is some risk in doing so. A lot of rural poor people out there on drugs etc.

It may be best to leave nothing in the camper and not to have that nice of an outfit on a trail head.

However In many years of camping off and on, etc I have had only one time where someone got into
my truck at a trail head, I had nothing in there for them to steal, this time, I often have stuff to steal but this
was not an overnight at the trail head, so I pulled everything out before I drove there.

I also had a tent and inflatable pad stolen out of a camp years ago in New York state at the Gunks.

These days I do give beggars food if I have it in the car, but never money, often it is just used to buy more
drugs.

craig333 said:
Shame the cops won't do anything. Small crimes become big crimes, small criminals become big criminals.
Exactly!!!! maybe if the punished small time offenders, they might not become big time offenders!

I see a Roamin Chariot listed in WTW on the Used Popup Thread posted this morning. In the Tri Cities, Richland specifically. Is this the one that was stolen?

Back
Top Bottom