Robs Eagle (Another Dinette)

RobNE

Advanced Member
I've had this in my Eagle for a few months now, but am just now getting around to post. Like many, I was inspired by DLN, Scott, and others who built dinettes. It sure makes a big difference.

One of the funniest things is, you might think you lose space, but it seems like the space is more efficiently used and possibly bigger overall.

Anyways, here's a few of my pics. I was looking for something simple and I do need a bed since there are three of us (a little one).

Not sure what the next mod is, maybe drawers underneath the cabinets on the drivers side, like ski3pin did?

Attachments

• PB222896.JPG
    PB222896.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 646
  • PB222898.JPG
    PB222898.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 788
  • PB222901.JPG
    PB222901.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 697
  • PB222900.JPG
    PB222900.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 792
  • PB222899.JPG
    PB222899.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 764
some more pics...a bit dark when I finally finished my pics. I probably need a wider lens too.
R

Attachments

• PB222906.JPG
    PB222906.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 535
  • PB222902.JPG
    PB222902.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 447
  • PB222903.JPG
    PB222903.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 547
  • PB222904.JPG
    PB222904.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 597
  • PB222905.JPG
    PB222905.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 540
My father in law is making me some cushions (varying density to compensate for the table), i'll post more pics when they are done.
R

Looks great! Very nice work and planning.I'll be interested in seeing how you support the rear seat back. Just a thought: If you use a slightly smaller table, you can drop it on to supports between the seats and create a flat surface for the cushions to rest on for the bed. That way avoids having different cushion depths. We use a 17 inch table leg that seems about the right height.

looks very clean. good job . cant wait to see the backs.

I agree with you that you get more efficient use of space with a dinette. I wound up with more storage space and no loss of room to move around in.

Good looking work!

Nice work, I agree on making the table just a little smaller to fit flush. I did a full radius on the table side to the middle made a big difference when sitting down and getting up.

Bill in STockton.

The back ones are easy, even the one under the seat, since the openings are bigger and the Tacoma's have the attachment plates which put the turnbuckles right in front of the opening. Rear DS is easy too... Rear PS, inside the box is a bit tougher and requires some contortion.

I may open up the rear port holes, which would help alot, and possibly add the fast guns like you have. Alternatively, i've been thinking more and more about a bolt through to some welded nuts on the Tacoma plates?

I'd be interested to hear others experience with bolt-throughs?

Rob

Beautifully done. How difficult is it to put the turnbuckles in?

The local hardware store... its 1/2in birch plywood. No edging or tape either, just sanded and stained.

Where did you get the wood?? It looks good.
I need to do a bit of re-modeling myself...

Nice job.

Not sure what the next mod is, maybe drawers underneath the cabinets on the drivers side, like ski3pin did?

Having drawers there is really nice, I'm glad I did them on mine. In my opinion you can store more stuff and then access it easily w/o stuff potentially spilling out. Make you get good latches! A bunch of us have copied Mark Ingalls use of the push button ones, they aren't the cheapest but function well for our use.

Yeah, i'm definitely leaning that way. I'm not sure building drawer boxes is going to be that easy, i've never done one before, but i'll give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen... they don't open? :)

It will have to wait till February though, i'm off to New Zealand for 3+ weeks shortly.

Rob

Having drawers there is really nice, I'm glad I did them on mine. In my opinion you can store more stuff and then access it easily w/o stuff potentially spilling out. Make you get good latches! A bunch of us have copied Mark Ingalls use of the push button ones, they aren't the cheapest but function well for our use.

Yeah, i'm definitely leaning that way. I'm not sure building drawer boxes is going to be that easy, i've never done one before, but i'll give it a try. Whats the worst that can happen... they don't open? :)

It will have to wait till February though, i'm off to New Zealand for 3+ weeks shortly.

Rob

Just need to account for the size taking the slides into account and go from there. I happened to have a pnuematic brad nailer and stapler which is helpful but you can do it by hand, the fasteners are mainly to hold stuff while all the glue dried. I made the sides the slides are on out of thicker 1/2" plywood and the back/bottom are 1/8" hardboard w/ a stiffening strip where they meet.

Some pics: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1640/page__view__findpost__p__21557

I think my thread went stale, but thought I would add another mod... a front mounted bike rack/hitch. Or maybe I should've started a new topic?

gallery_1722_134_91448.jpg

Front view

gallery_1722_134_77276.jpg

View from behind the wheel.

I may try to lower it just a tad, but its 22inches off the ground in the front and only sticks out about 18". Some loss to approach angle, but I can easily take it off in a pinch.

Lights go through the wheels nicely and I can take the seat off in a snap.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom