Rocky Mountain High -- Colorado pics

DurangoDoug

Here's a couple of nice recent pics of Ophir Pass outside of Telluride/Silverton Colorado. Wildflowers are at their peak.

Doug, in Durango, Colorado

2006 Tundra DC w/Hawk

Attachments

• Ophir2.jpg
    Ophir2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 642
  • Ophir1.jpg
    Ophir1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 636
Another pic

Hola Tomas---

Here's another side pic as requested. If you need something else, let me know.

Doug

Attachments

• OphirPass.jpg
    OphirPass.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 602
Very nice pics from one of the most scenic areas in Colorado. It sounds like it's been a wet summer in the San Juans so peak week came a little earlier than usual.

So a Hawk will fit on a 1st gen double cab Tundra.....? Hmmm.....:rolleyes:

And welcome to the forum!

Nice Pictures !

Here are some more misc. pictures of the Hawk Model on the 2004 - 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab trucks.

Attachments

• Tundra 2004 #7.JPG
    Tundra 2004 #7.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 571
  • Tundra Double Cab #4.JPG
    Tundra Double Cab #4.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 588
  • Rick & Tundra.JPG
    Rick & Tundra.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 592
  • Tundra with Hawk 11.JPG
    Tundra with Hawk 11.JPG
    56.8 KB · Views: 589
  • Tundra Double Cab #2.JPG
    Tundra Double Cab #2.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 585
I want to go explore that area so bad. I think I'll run out and buy a lottery ticket. Nice pics.

Hi Jim--
The Tundra DC works fine with the Hawk. I have a set of SuperSpings that help the bouncing. Other than that, there are no mods to the Tundra. I'm glad I have the smaller Tundra. Better gas mileage, easier to park, and you can get into more backcountry places than the new, bigger Tundra. It's a nice combo.

-Doug

Here are some more misc. pictures of the Hawk Model on the 2004 - 2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab trucks.

So Stan, am I correct to assume that my Eagle/Ranger II would also fit the 04-06 double cabs....? The base for the Hawks and Eagles are the same right, just the top is wider on the Hawk? I ask because the FWC website "fit list" doesn't specify d'cab Tundras and I'm not sure of d'cab bed measurements for 04-06 Tundras.

I love my T100, but a double cab Tundra may be in my future. It would be nice to know that my current FWC would fit a d'cab '04 -'06 Tundra if I go that route.

Thanks!

KC,
Measure carefully. Here is the info I have collected:

2006 Tundra
Access Cab – L 74.7” x W 62.8” x H 17.2” (bed rail height)
Double Cab – L 74.3” x W 63.3” x H 20.7”

2007 Tundra
Double Cab – L 78.7” x W 66.4” x H 22.2

FWC
Hawk - mid 2001 and later width at tailgate = 58”, before that either 60-64” (FWC website).

My Ranger - width at tailgate = 51 ½ and rail height of 18 ½ inches (my measurement).

So, chances are your Eagle will need a lift (platform) to clear the bed rails and maybe the cab height on the 2006 DC Tundra but will fit fine on a AC Tundra…

Hello Kcowyo

Unfortunatly the Eagle or Ranger Models won't fit very will on the 04-06 Double Cab Tundra trucks. Even worse of a fit on the new 07' Tundra trucks.

If you want to do that, it can be done, but you will have to add at leest a 3" platform under the camper (because the double cab truck bed is quite a bit deeper) and you will also need some steel or aluminum plate extensions for the front camper jacks. Without those, it will impossible to back under the camper to load it on your truck. Or maybe some wide steel plate extensions on a set of portable cable jacks.

There are a few threads on the camper jack extension topic on the forum.

hope this helps ....

Attachments

• Swing-Out bracket Extension 1.jpg
    Swing-Out bracket Extension 1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 400
  • Cable Jack with Extension Plate.jpg
    Cable Jack with Extension Plate.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 413
Jim and Stan thanks so much for the clarification.

Every time I go down to the local Toyota dealership to measure one of the '04-'06 d'cabs, they don't have any, so your info really helps. I thought the Tundra bed was a little deeper but one of the Toyota salesman told me the d'cab and access cab had the same size bed. It's good to know that at least the access cab Tundra would work with my FWC.

I have the portable jacks, with a wider plate and each time I've remove the camper those things make me a nervous wreck. Thanks again for the info guys!

[...sorry DurangoDoug for momentarily hijacking your thread....]

'01 Eagle on '02 Tundra - jacks have enough clearance?

Hey there,
New to the board but have researched fwc's for a while. Lots of helpful information here. (Doug - I happen to be in Durango as well.)

So my question is: no extension is necessary for the jacks if I were to mount an Eagle on an 02 Tundra? Separately, can torklift tiedowns be used on the used Eagle I'm about to buy? Anything special I should know? Or are torklifts overkill for the fwc's and the bed mount is better? Thanks a bunch.
Dave

Separately, can torklift tiedowns be used on the used Eagle I'm about to buy? Anything special I should know? Or are torklifts overkill for the fwc's and the bed mount is better?

I think Torklifts are usable if the camper has jack plates.

Unpaved travel, in my opinion, requires more than the OEM eye bolts in the bed. However, just about anything works for pavement. Recently a member, Skeeter, safely traveled over 1,000 miles using ratchet straps.

Torklift, Happijac, and reinforced bolt through are all, in my opinion, acceptable. Bolt through is attractive both in looks -- no external tie downs -- and dollars.

you will need swing out brackets + an extension plate, or just a big extension plate, on the front 2 camper jacks if you are going to put the Eagle Model on the older Access Cab Tundra trucks and want to be able to use the 4 corner camper jacks.

You might also need to add 3/4" - 1" sheet of plywood under the camper for proper bed fit (depending on what truck the camper was original built to fit on). If you don't do this, as soon as you put the camper in the truck bed you will probably smash the small water tank drian onto the top of your driver's side bed rail of the truck.

The tork-lift tie downs are nice, but expensive. Not sure they will work that great with the camper/truck combo because the Eagle model is so narrow fitting on the truck ??? If done right, the eye bolts seem to be an easy installation, cost effective, and functional for most peoples needs.

Hope this helps a little

Please call our service dept. if you need help with anything.

======================================================

Hey there,
New to the board but have researched fwc's for a while. Lots of helpful information here. (Doug - I happen to be in Durango as well.)

So my question is: no extension is necessary for the jacks if I were to mount an Eagle on an 02 Tundra? Separately, can torklift tiedowns be used on the used Eagle I'm about to buy? Anything special I should know? Or are torklifts overkill for the fwc's and the bed mount is better? Thanks a bunch.
Dave

Thanks Stan and Scott. Great info. The Eagle has been on a Tacoma, but I don't know if it was "built for" that truck. Where can I get the swing-out brackets and extension plate? And am I correct in understanding that the rear jacks will clear w/out extensions?

Thanks,
Dave

Back
Top Bottom