Rolling platform

Lobster

Advanced Member
After waiting 3 months I'll take delivery of my new grandby shell Friday. As it's still fishing season I'll need to immediately remove it as I need my truck for business. I intend to build a rolling platform tomorrow to roll the shell into my garage to build it out. I'm new here and don't know how low the jacks will lower the shell. Consequently I don't know how high to build the platform. I'd like to go as low as possible so I can raise the roof in the garage during the build. Any suggestions? Thanks,

I used 8" hard plastic locking swivels to make it easier to go over concrete expansion joints, and built a 2x6 platform on them. Lower is better for working on the camper. Higher is better to reduce loading/unloading time.

I had to build my platform out of 2x4 with 1/2" osb top and bottom and 6" wheels to be able to pop the top inside the garage. I have loaded grandby on it and it has held up well of over a year now. I also had to raise my garage door opener closer to the ceiling.

I built mine from a double level 2x6 frame. I would get the 8" wheels as suggested to make it as easy to move as possible.
Here's a picture of mine with the camper on it..

Attachments

• IMG_0431.JPG
    IMG_0431.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 246

Back
Top Bottom