Roof Lifting

I don't see it on their page, but Aluminess was showing an air powered roof lifter for SMB's in their booth at OX13. If you have OBA this might be an option worth considering.

The tripod speaker stand is now $90 at Guitar center. Kinda pricey.
Does anyone have the extended and compressed strut length for a FWC eagle/finch?

Not so funny story here. I ordered a set of the 40# suspas off Amazon a few days ago. I got home today and a round tube-like package was on my doorstep. Cool! My shocks are here!!! NOT! Somewhere down the line, one end of the tube had been damaged and came open. There is a mystery set of shocks floating around a USPS sorting facility back east. So basiclly the post office delivered an empty package! Needless to say, I'm pissed.

I'm not a big fan of Amazon or Ebay. Does Terry at FWC keep these shocks in stock? This is a time sensitive order that I need and don't have time to get burned again.

Darren

JBahr said:
Yes! Give our service department a call and Terry or Brenda will be able to help you.

800-242-1442

Cool! I'll call first thing in the AM.

Thanks, Darren

ETAV8R said:
The tripod speaker stand is now $90 at Guitar center. Kinda pricey.
Does anyone have the extended and compressed strut length for a FWC eagle/finch?
Do you have a part number for speaker stand? I was in the guitar center in SJ over the weekend and didn't see one with crank handle.

FX4,

I too have the internal struts to lift the front. I have nothing on the roof, however with the herniated disc on my 69 year old back lifting front without struts would be impossible.

For the rear I made a simple lifter out of a "T-Mop" handle - Lowes $2.99 in the mop and broom section - see pic. I cut about 18" off the bottom, superglued some foam on the horizontal piece (to protect the wood on ceiling). It unscrews to fit in the storage compartment over the wheel well. This give me enough leverage to push the rear "past the mid-point of its arc" then I stand and lift rest of the way.

I'm sure there are more efficient methods to do this, however with the Eagle I was looking for methods that used little storage space.

When we were at the FWC owners rally in April there was much discussion on a factory solution that mounts the struts outside the camper. Check with Terry Budd terry@fourwh.com if you want more info on this topic.

Attachments

• 100_2289.jpg
    100_2289.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 100_2288.jpg
    100_2288.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 132
JHa6av8r said:
Had to find a solution because my wife could not lift the roof. There is a solar panel and Yakima racks on top for a kayak. Did not want to install additional struts especially on the outside. My Grandby has the lift assist struts on the inside.

For whatever it is worth, I got a roof assist lift crank. There are top blocks that go on the front and rear push boards so the crank does not slip. It is a simple easy solution and works great. No additional clutter inside or outside the camper.

Just putting it out there.
Just curious if you have a picture of the blocks that go on the push boards.

Back
Top Bottom