Roof rack

oly884

Advanced Member
Anybody know of a good place to pick up the equipment. Also any part numbers?

I've done some searching but am having a hard time coming up with the right parts that would work for our campers.

Either the yakima or tule rack system will work. Anyone who carries these should be able to help you. While I don't remember the number of the parts, most people put the tracks on the roof and then added the posts with either saddles for boats or hold downs for other types of equipment. Depends on what you are wanting to carry.

You should be able to call FWC and ask them what parts they use for the roof rack system. 800-242-1442 is their number.

Ben

Thanks Ben, I'll be sure to give them a call and get the part #'s. Have to get a 12 ft. long kayak to seattle over thanksgiving. Would you think there'd be any issues strapping it directly to the top of the camper?

There should be no problem with tying it on the roof. I would put something under it to protect both the roof and the boat where it makes contact with the roof. I have seen this done before and the one way that seemed to work well was to have the over hang off the front and tie the front of the boat down to the bumper so that it will not be able to lift up at all also.

Ben

Back
Top Bottom