ROOF SEALANT CRACKING

fish more

Anybody having trouble with the sealant along the edge of the roof opening up ? My roof sealant is cracking and opening up all around the entire roof. I'm talking where the roof side trim and roof panel meet. FWC said the roof would not leak because of the way the fabric is fastened to the roof panel. I just think it looks tacky to have the sealant cracking and pulling away from the seam. I would think the sealant should remain fexible and not crack since the camper is not even a year old. Any comments ?

Anybody having trouble with the sealant along the edge of the roof opening up ? My roof sealant is cracking and opening up all around the entire roof. I'm talking where the roof side trim and roof panel meet. FWC said the roof would not leak because of the way the fabric is fastened to the roof panel. I just think it looks tacky to have the sealant cracking and pulling away from the seam. I would think the sealant should remain fexible and not crack since the camper is not even a year old. Any comments ?

I told you, you should have bought a StarCraft.

hello fish more

the next time you are in the area, feel free to stop by and talk with Chicali, or call him

800-242-1442

he should be able to get you squared away

everyone once in a while the butyl tape that we install under the roof trim will "off gas" over time causing small bubbles in the exterior sealant we install over the top of it

the sealant you see is more for looks than anything else

there is still another layer of buytl tape sealant under it to help stop any any potential leaks

thanks

==============================================================================================

Thanks Stan for the reply. I just picked up my camper from FWC. It was there for five weeks and the sealant did not get fixed, the very first item on my list. I was not happy after leaving the camper that long of a period and not having that repaired. I know the Thanksgiving holiday fell within the time my camper was there, but still five weeks and still not fixed ! The way the sealant is cracking, looks real bad. I will have to plan to bring the camper back and leave again for the repair. Also waiting for a fix on the front and rear roof support boards, laminate coming loose at rivets, waiting for a reply from the shop when I can bring the camper back. I was told that Tom was waiting for some other material for the boards. Please look into that for me, leave a PM. Thanks, Jim

Fish

Do you have any pics of this? I just got my camper and would be really upset to have this type of problem, hope you get it sorted out.

No sorry BillM, no pics, makes me too sick to look at it. Just kidding, I'm sure FWC will take care of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom