Satelite antenna covered up by camper

Scott81621

Advanced Member
I just got a Fleet for my 2010 Tacoma and realized that the camper overhang blocks the signal from my Sirius radio antenna! Has anyone come up with a solution to fix this?

Thanks for helping, Scott

They sell remote magnetic satellite antennas. The trick may be getting access to the port on the radio. It was easy on a Dodge I had, just removed the glove box. My 2016 Silverado, not so easy.

I moved my gps and XM to two mag mount antennas on the hood of my 2015 Tacoma. As I recall I needed a Lexus adapter for my OEM radion to make the connection. I have since replaced my OEM unit with a 3rd party one, though. As mentioned above a search of the forums should find some threads regarding the switch.

I ordered the magnetic antenna mount and an adapter for my unit and should have it installed next week. I'll let you know how it works!

I got a magnetic sirius antenna with a long lead. I think the stumbling block is finding the right plug. If you get a FAKRA connector / adapter it is pretty easy. Follow Youtube videos to remove the radio, find the satellite radio plug, remove it and plug in the new antenna. I even found a hole in the front engine wall that would let me fish the cable through behind the glove box.

Here is a link to what the connector / adapter looked like (gold part)

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-811aigvq/images/stencil/500x500/products/87/297/_MG_2737.1__31032.1409179346.jpg?c=2

Back
Top Bottom