Screen Door

NWCamper

Advanced Member
Anyone ever added a screen door to their FWC? I imagine one could find one from the manufacturer or FWC and add it. Wondering if this is feasible or difficult. Of course, custom ideas are always welcome. Thanks.

Seems to me that several people have done it in the past (Chnlisle?) I'm sure they will chime in.

I changed mine out. You need to change out the door you can not add a screen door to the one you have. Not a hard job to do.

See information here. http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4789/page__fromsearch__1

I added one. Pretty simple. take out the old door and install the new door with the screen door. The new doors now are quite a bit larger so it could be a special order if your camper has the older door. When I did it about 6 years ago it was not just adding a screen door but an entire new door and screen door unit.

Thanks guys. Exactly what I needed to know. Bummer you can't just add the screen door. My existing door is in good shape so I hate to shell out the $400. I will have to think about it.

Thanks guys. Exactly what I needed to know. Bummer you can't just add the screen door. My existing door is in good shape so I hate to shell out the $400. I will have to think about it.

My old door was also in good shape, sold it and cut my cost for the new door.

Bill

What are the sizes of these doors? I bought a fixer and could use a new door. (gotta lift, doesn't latch easy,...) If I were to guess the opening for mine is 22 x 52. (???) I would buy someone's good but used door.

Just a thought.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS248&q=bug+screen&gs_upl=195l1806l0l3733l8l8l0l1l1l0l291l1507l0.3.4l7l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2122409506941339175&sa=X&ei=xN-FToqoOKLKiALAlZzXDA&ved=0CKIBEPMCMAM

Just a thought.
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&rlz=1G1GGLQ_ENUS248&q=bug+screen&gs_upl=195l1806l0l3733l8l8l0l1l1l0l291l1507l0.3.4l7l0&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=2122409506941339175&sa=X&ei=xN-FToqoOKLKiALAlZzXDA&ved=0CKIBEPMCMAM

I had factory put in new door. The cost was the same as shipping would have been. Door is fine but of course not perfect. Found out later that ATC could do it cheaper and get the same door. The bug screen mentioned would be overpriced if they sent it free. I have seen people try them and it is sheer luck if they work even once. If you want to get by super cheap, there is a screen that rolls down from a guide at top. They work good but are not as convenient as the factory door. The other idea I have seen on some units is velcro and conventional fiberglass screen. It works but is a pain to use. The nice thing about having the factory do it was they noticed a lot of other items on my Hawk and took care of them gratis. My old door was toast so no chance of selling it to anyone, probably would even have been able to give it away.

I did it on an '86 Grandby. Terry at 4WC had to special order it.
It was an easy install, perfect fit and closes better than any door in my house!

My old one was held together with duct tape, so it needed to be done.

Attachments

• DSC01731 (Large).JPG
    DSC01731 (Large).JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 110
Back
Top Bottom