Searching for good pics / description of solar wiring Through roof and inside

rjm

Hi all, I'm in the planning stages of adding a rooftop panel to my 91 keystone. I'm a stickler for clean wire runs and having never seen a fwc solar set up I'm stymied on how to get thru the roof without weakening the frame ( drill through the frame behind the front support panel) or have some " in your face" routing elsewhere. The battery in this version is located under the forward cushion/ bench - basically behind the driver side of the camper. Any help / pics or local " come see" is appreciated - I'm in San Jose ca.
Thanks rj

I can't speak for other models, but my '08 was "pre-wired." There was basically a bundle of 10 AWG black/red wires that terminated in the cabinetry that were run behind the lift panels into the roof through the insulation and terminated on the driver side roof frame without a plug.

I basically had to drill a hold in the rough, glue on a cable housing, mounted the panels, and used MC4 connections up top.

In the cabinetry I was able to run that terminating end to the solar controller and to the the battery.

So far it has worked well. I posted some of the information here: http://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/18655-adventures-in-solar-pre-wiring-and-drilling-through-roof/

I am sure others have done much more cleaner and neater work.

Best,

Luke

Back
Top Bottom