Seeking an image,,,Grandby on Chevy Dually 3500

DavidGraves

I am having some heart palpatations about a neighbors Chevy C3500 for sale.

Would anyone know of an image of a Grandby/hawk on a Chevy C/K 3500 ?

Many thanks

David Graves

Hi DG
I think I read here, or somewhere on the net, that Chevrolet trucks are narrow at the tail gate opening. I would definitely contact FWC and discuss with them to get their input. Maybe someone else can provide some more information on the years and the bed openin.

Russ

Hey Russ

You mean the curve at either side of the tailgate opening...I assume.

Did not mean to insult...thanks for the comment.

David

Morning
Found this.

https://fourwh.com/used-camper-fit-guide/used-four-wheel-campers-general-fit-guide/

And this

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/question-of-the-week/how-to-fix-a-truck-and-camper-misfit/

Looks like the year the truck was made, relative to the camper size.

Russ

From fitment article-
"My Lance dealer advised me that the sides of the 2011 Chevy 3500HD’s truck bed are slightly rounded at the tailgate. The solution is a thick 4×8 piece of plywood as well as a 4×8 rubber mat to lift the 2015 Lance 1172’s bottom up and off the rounded truck bed corners."

David, sorry no luck with my googlefu, tho it did bring me back here...

example on a Ram which you've prob seen but looks so good it's worth posting for the next guy/gal

I think I also saw one or two pics online with a F**D but you've prob seen that too. Anyway, speaking of F**D, this thread by RR might be of interest...

dually extensions

Good luck with it !
~D

DavidGraves said:
Hey Russ

You mean the curve at either side of the tailgate opening...I assume.

Did not mean to insult...thanks for the comment.

David
I'm not sure because I've never seen it, just read that the opening was problematic with some folks so that's probably it. Didn't take it that bud, just trying to help.

Russ

I have a 2006 Grandby on a '18 GMC 3500, but it's not a dually. I would strongly recommend against the dually setup for multiple reasons, but it will work. The tailgate opening on all of the newer GM/Chevy trucks is heavily curved at the bottom corners, but the newer campers will fit. I don't remember the exact year, but I think FWC changed to a narrower base width around 2004.

David, if you’re taking the truck and camper into tight, rough country, I don’t know that a dually is your best option. I’d like to have one for my hardside camper, but then I don’t take it back in the tule bushes either.

Thanks all

It is all gonna depend on the cheif financial officer and what she decides.

A great deal of our traveling is on mild gravel roads and lots of asphalt getting there and back.

I like the FWC for many reasons other than off road travel.

Stay tuned.

David Graves

PS Still looking for a nice photo....Hawk/Grandby on 90's Chevy C3500

Back
Top Bottom