Setting the FWC aside for a while.

That thing is going to be so much fun!!! I haven't ridden any street bikes for a few years now as it hurts my back. My lighter dirt bike doesn't seem to bother it though.

Hmmmm.....Maybe I should Google Ural for my nearest Dealer!!! :D

Seems like quite a few of us on this list are or have been into bikes. I have 6 right now, 2 dirt, 1 dual sport, a sport tourer, a Bimota SB6R, and a 1974 Norton Commando.

I don't think they had any trouble, they don't fall over :D Different trip but you get the idea
861182003_6Qok2-M.jpg

That's one if the reasons I fell for the hacks..they "generally" don't fall over..The one in the photo is a "Gear Up' in Arctic Camo..
When I quit riding in 1980 I had 4 bikes at the time a Yamaha 750 triple shaft drive street bike, a Bultaco trials bike, a Yamaha 250 enduro, and my favorite a 1957 BSA 650 A-10R. I hope the Ural doesn't start me on another collection of bikes :unsure:

Now you just need a dog in the side car. :D

Aaron,
The class is in Hood River,OR. Anywhere near you?? First one's on me...

Hit up full sail brewing, good beers/food and the view overlooks the gorge.

Now you just need a dog in the side car. :D

Hit up full sail brewing, good beers/food and the view overlooks the gorge.

Pods,
I'm not really a beer guy, but If they serve Gentleman Jack, and the food is good, I'll give it a try..

Thanks for the tip..

I have the dog, her riding in the hack will come a bit later.

Pods,
I'm not really a beer guy, but If they serve Gentleman Jack, and the food is good, I'll give it a try..

Probably not going to have liquor there since its a brewery but there is an off chance they could.

My local brewery has a full bar. Only carry high end stuff though, they really don't want to move the focus from the beer. Shots are about eight dollars so you don't see anyone setting up rounds. But if you hate beer at least you can hang with your beer drinking buddies.

My local brewery has a full bar. Only carry high end stuff though, they really don't want to move the focus from the beer. Shots are about eight dollars so you don't see anyone setting up rounds. But if you hate beer at least you can hang with your beer drinking buddies.

Craig,

Never said I hated beer, just prefer Gentleman Jack...I've been known to kill a few brews when that was all there was. As far as high end booze is concerned, my motto has always been "life is too short for cheap booze". You'll never see me drinking cheap whiskey or cheap wine.
Might get lucky at Full Sail Brewing and get some good whiskey, I'll sure give it a try.

Didn't mean to imply that. Was speaking in the more general sense. I totally agree, life is much to short to drink cheap booze or cheap beer.

Well, did the sidecar class and had a great time. The instructors worked our butts off for three days. Went to the camper every night and just crashed.
Discovered I wasn't the only old guy in the class, about 7 of us were over 60. No kids, two women and remainder guys from 40 on up. Seems like riding a hack is for old folks :).

Learned a lot and would recommend the class to anyone thinking of a sidecar. Towed the Ural up on a trailer and stayed in the FWC.

Pods:
Full Sail Brewing: No Gentleman Jack...No Gentleman Jack ANYWHERE in Hood River!! Talk about a backwater town!! :)

Photo 1: Getting a few laps in on the Ural

Photo 2: Flying the hack on a KLR

Attachments

• Ural-1.jpg
    Ural-1.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 137
  • Flying-1.jpg
    Flying-1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 130
DR,

No Gentleman Jack anywhere? Not even in your camper? You need to learn to pack better. One must be prepared for all sorts of emergencies when on the road. ;)

I'm guessing that even in a class of sidecars, yours had to be pretty unique. Did it get much attention?

DR,

No Gentleman Jack anywhere? Not even in your camper? You need to learn to pack better. One must be prepared for all sorts of emergencies when on the road. ;)

I'm guessing that even in a class of sidecars, yours had to be pretty unique. Did it get much attention?

Ted,
Of course there was G.J. in the camper...I should have said none at any restaurant in town, in fact the most of them had never heard of it..??

We had twelve students in the class and five of us own Urals. Three "Gear Up's" and two "Patrol's", so not so unique. Six had BMW's, and one Gold Wing. Only five of us brought our own bikes so most rode the instructors KLR's. I shared my Ural with two of the Ural owners who didn't bring theirs. We had students from as far away as Nebraska.

Ted,
Of course there was G.J. in the camper...I should have said none at any restaurant in town, in fact the most of them had never heard of it..??

We had twelve students in the class and five of us own Urals. Three "Gear Up's" and two "Patrol's", so not so unique. Six had BMW's, and one Gold Wing. Only five of us brought our own bikes so most rode the instructors KLR's. I shared my Ural with two of the Ural owners who didn't bring theirs. We had students from as far away as Nebraska.

I see you have some kind of a six speed hot rod, now that you've mastered the sidecar why not bring that thing to a track day at Thunder Hill and I can teach you the art of late braking and the late apex.

Attachments

• takekidtowork.jpg
    takekidtowork.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 117
I see you have some kind of a six speed hot rod, now that you've mastered the sidecar why not bring that thing to a track day at Thunder Hill and I can teach you the art of late braking and the late apex.

Thanks Jon...I took the class not to learn to go fast, but to try to stay alive. I'm too damn old to go fast on a motorcycle.
I still fly almost once a week..When I want to go fast, the airplane works just fine ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    349.1 KB · Views: 109
Flying is only fast when landing of crashing and nver fast if a Cessna 140/150 :LOL:

I'm too damn big for a 140/150/152 so I wouldn't know. When the time comes when I don't think I can pass my 3rd class medical any longer, I plan on switching over to light sports...now that's gonna be fun getting my big butt in one of those :eek:

Back
Top Bottom