shipping a camper?

mntlion

Advanced Member
Good news: I found a camper, and it might be priced right. Also good news I don't live in Texas.

Bad news: The camper is in texas,

I'm in banff alberta, and would like it shipped right to my door, but if not just to somewhere in MT is fine too. I can drive a few hours south and pick it up, but 2-3 days, and 2000+ miles each way, is not an option.

So who do I call for a shipping quote, and how much should I be paying for this?

Lot's of shipping companies online this is just the first one that poped up. Just a thought but Craigslist often has people posting that they can transport cars from one city to another, I doubt from Texas to Montana, but if you were really creative you might be able to figure something out? Have it shipped to ATC or FWC and wait until they have a camper delivery in MT.??

http://www.rvtransportquotes.com/

Here are a few companies you can call if you like (see list below).

Most of the deliveries guys that transport truck campers have trucks & trailers set up for traditional cab-over campers that are much bigger and wider.

Unless they have some monster camper jack extensions available, I don't know how they will be able to get a small FWC camper on and off their trailer without having access to a forklift.

FWC here in California doesn't do any used camper deliveries at the moment.

Hope this helps.

Lowell Gould (541) 969-2563

Avery Transportation (661) 948-3627

LaNinfa Transport (208) 841-3503

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Good news: I found a camper, and it might be priced right. Also good news I don't live in Texas.

I'm in banff alberta, and would like it shipped right to my door, but if not just to somewhere in MT is fine too. I can drive a few hours south and pick it up, but 2-3 days, and 2000+ miles each way, is not an option.

So who do I call for a shipping quote, and how much should I be paying for this?

A friend of mine had 2 Detroit Diesels (Hummer) engines to use in his boat shipped from Kentucky to Oxnard for $300 by this guy. Every other quote was over a grand.

Talk to Brad McCall (949) 388 8370. He's a broker. People swear by his prices. Its worth a shot. Here's his web site. www.bestltl.com

mtnlion, saw your thread at tgr, then here, thought it was you. thats a sweet camper...i wouldn't listen to closely too what those guys say over there all the time. post some pics over here, ask questions, and if the price is good, buy the camper. let us know!

i was laughing at that too...texas can't be all that bad. i'd still rather live in canada :D !

sorry to beat a dead horse but i have been reading some of the reponses on the camper...

mildew can be cleaned (303), easy, liners can even be replaced

i bought mine sight unseen and it was in excellent condition...couldn't of asked or imagined it being any better really. was a little nervous but had a good feeling from the PO...looks like you can get photos...i couldn't :eek: , glad it worked out though :D

as far as new, well yea, its awesome if you can swing it. ever had a camper before, if not you may reconsider going new just in case.

just a few thoughts, i think it looks pretty good...it would sell fast over here, depending on the price i guess. anyway...just my .02

thanks guys, camper went for a steal, but shipping 2000 miles sight un seen (or un smelled) just too risky, plus doing the X boarder thing too.

I'll just buy new this winter and pickup for spring.

i was laughing at that too...texas can't be all that bad. i'd still rather live in canada :D !

:eek:

I moved to Houston, Texas for the people, not the climate or topography. The people I've met are wonderful, mostly. One thing about the climate is... you don't have to shovel heat.

:cool:

One thing about the climate is... you don't have to shovel heat.

but you can't ski in sweat.

mntlion,

Too bad the used camper didn't work out for you but buying new as we did you will be able to get exactly the camper you want. Even though it will be pricey I don't think you'll regret it. Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Back
Top Bottom