Show Your Alaskan Rig

Here's a couple of my '94 Dodge with a 10' Alaskan.

Sunlight Basin Wyoming
MsAugTrip061crop.jpg

Coming out of the Little Big Horn, Big Horns, WY
Hornsand2007DAK50003.jpg

Deadhorse Alaska
Alaska2009-07-25151.jpg

Road to McCarthey Alaska
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/fisher205/Alaska%202009/Alaska2009-07-25142.jpg

Brad

Hi all,I am just posting a picture of my 72 Alaskan on my Ford F350.Thanks again for the responses to my weight question as you can see I brought a 1 ton pickup.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Attachments

• DSCF2236.JPG
    DSCF2236.JPG
    493.4 KB · Views: 301
Here's my new rig...
It's a 1988 in pretty fresh condition.

P1040176.JPG

WOW, that is in great shape. Looks like it's been in a cocoon.

Hi I am new to this website and this is my first post! It is awesome to find other Alaskan camper owners! thanx to whoever made this possible!

pictured below is my 1993 10ft front dinette camper that I purchased from the original owners son! It has been very lightly used and stored indoors since new. He ordered it from Alaskan and had it mounted to his 1992 ford truck at their facility in Chehalis,WA. It had never been removed until I bought it last year! In fact, it has never had jacks mounted to it. I did the switcharoo with the some scary temporary caper jacks. I ordered some Rieco Titan HD jacks that I am finally going to install this week.

081209 045.JPG

I thought some of you might be interested in my custom 8'NCO. The top unit is fairly standard, but as you can see the interior of the bottom is entirely different. The settees on either side run the full length so there is plenty of leg room for sleeping. We store sleeping bags, pillows and whatnot under the counter during the day. There are two tanks under the galley area that hold about 30 gallons of water, plus room for five gallons of bottled water inside. There is plenty of food and cooking gear storage space under the bunks and in the front two overheads. There is a porta pot on the right in back. Propane is a frame mounted. The lower part of the front window has a baffel outside so it can be left open when driving with the top down to vent the refer. The table is a standard pedestal model that slides and rotates. We turn it crosswise for dinning. We've been very happy with the set up since I finished it in '06.

Attachments

• Interior2.jpg
    Interior2.jpg
    485.2 KB · Views: 901
Hi Tris , Tris thats a great layout,that would have worked out well for my son and I. I have the traditional set up couches/bed/table up front in my 10' NCO but I removed the ice box cooler and cut the end panel out then put a cusion in the space.Now we can sleep length wise instead of cross wise,much better for those night time calls of nature.no climbing over to get out. How about a picture on the inside from stove to door and an outside pic so that everyone can see what a new NCO Alaskan looks like. Welcome to the forum.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Attachments

• tmpphpGYaryE.jpg
    tmpphpGYaryE.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 460
  • tmpphpV6Ubvl.jpg
    tmpphpV6Ubvl.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 530
  • tmpphprzIyzE.jpg
    tmpphprzIyzE.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 598
  • tmpphpUbRgye.jpg
    tmpphpUbRgye.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 590
Hi I am new to this website and this is my first post! It is awesome to find other Alaskan camper owners! thanx to whoever made this possible!

Hi Fan and belated welcome you have agreat rig, did you get your reico jacks installed? How is the camper working out for you.
Cheers,
Kevin.

Not mine, but spied near Stanley, Idaho in July '09. Looks like the owner wants to be prepared for anything -

701850637_GUxpC-O.jpg

701850532_sXW3N-O.jpg

Here's the outside of my '05 custom 8NCO, as requested. This is at City of Rocks National Preserve in southern Idaho. A nice place if you don't mind developed campgrounds. A while back I had a 1958 model Alaskan that I rebuilt, so I'm familiar with the real old rigs as well. Besides the slider windows, the main difference is that on the newer ones the top unit is 88.5" wide on the outside and the bottom unit is typically 60" behind the wheel wells. I had mine built so it is 60" in front of the wheel wells also. That means I have to lift it WAY up to get it in and out of the truck, but that isn't a problem with the four screw jacks Alaskan offers as an option. The "back porch" is a steel frame with redwood decking. It attaches to the same bolt holes as the tailgate. The white box on the street side is for my generator. The rack underneath on the curb side is for my crate of leveling boards. You might be able to see the blue boy grey water tank on the ground behind the truck door. It drains from a fitting just behind the camper jack attachment bracket. City water, when there is any, attaches just in front of the jack fitting.

The next shot is what the interior looked like when I brought it home. You can see a bit of the electric hydraulic pump that they had to go to when they changed to the larger diameter cylinders. Next is the "after" shot, and finally a view of the back of the interior where there isn't anything. That makes it feel a lot more open when you're inside.

Attachments

• AlaskanAtCORSm2.jpg
    AlaskanAtCORSm2.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 652
  • Before2Sm.jpg
    Before2Sm.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 702
  • Interior3Sm.jpg
    Interior3Sm.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 684
  • Interior4Sm.jpg
    Interior4Sm.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 641
Hi Tris, thanks for the extra pictures. I love this layout, it makes the camper look positively cavernous inside.Your rear porch deck is a good idea it just needs a small awning to finish it off. How wide are the couche's/setee's are they wide enough to sleep comfortably? If I could afford a new Alaskan, thats the layout I would choose. ( I am now green with envy, the new ones are so clean and fresh and modern owwwwwwww! dam it I want one,)
I can but dream,
Kevin.

Hi Tris, thanks for the extra pictures. I love this layout, it makes the camper look positively cavernous inside.Your rear porch deck is a good idea it just needs a small awning to finish it off. How wide are the couche's/setee's are they wide enough to sleep comfortably? If I could afford a new Alaskan, thats the layout I would choose. ( I am now green with envy, the new ones are so clean and fresh and modern owwwwwwww! dam it I want one,)
I can but dream,
Kevin.

The setees are 24" wide, which is about the least I could live with and the widest that I could fit in this kind of layout. If they were wider, it might be better for sleeping, but it would be worse for sitting. As it is, a throw cushion behind you works well for sitting at the table. I do thump an elbow now and then at night, but I'm happy to put up with that as long as I'm not cramped long ways - and that certainly isn't a problem. Glad you like it.

Tris

New kid on the block....This Alaskan NCO has been in our family for 40 years

100806camper015.jpg

after 06 paint and "upgrades"

before

dsc00635ja.jpg

the whole enchilada at Pyramid lake in Nevada

Hi Rusty,a belated welcome to the forum, you have a great Alaskan it is like mine but yours looks very well cared for. New paint makes a big difference.Thanks for all your recent posts,your sliding cabinet looks and performs very professionally. Keep us informed if you have more good idea's.
Thanks,
Kevin.

finally got one, and for free. these seem to be pretty rare over here on the east coast, don't know what i've gotten myself into but everything works and its bolted into my truck for snowboard adventures up north this season...

i have no idea what year this alaskan is. anybody have a guess or could tell me where the serial# is located?

finally got one, and for free. these seem to be pretty rare over here on the east coast, don't know what i've gotten myself into but everything works and its bolted into my truck for snowboard adventures up north this season...

i have no idea what year this alaskan is. anybody have a guess or could tell me where the serial# is located?
It looks to be at least late 60's or older based on the windows. Serial number is usually on a plate on the back near the door.

here's my rig-- '97 f250 diesel with '75 10' cabover. lots of work yet to do, but good enough for camping now. we've done two trips with it and it was wonderful. just found some used jacks and had some brackets made to easily mount and remove them. hooray, no more crank cable jacks. a local metal fabrication place made a set of four out of 1/4 inch steel for less than a pair of new ricoh titan brackets(186 dollars). still need to re-do wiring for lights(using puck lights now,not bad), and still need some interior panels cleaned up and re-stained, and cushions recovered. i have totally rebuilt front end, replaced struts and panels in interior and both roof vents.removed fridge and converted space into wood box with outside access.i eliminated roof sag with a square piece of channel laying around in shop.replaced most of pireli with garage door seals(worked great on my last camper). i left one set of foam/nylon type seals on outer bottom edge.it's amazing what the cab-over adds when camping over our old 10' nco. more space, no switching dinette/bed, and a happier wife.since i have to be low budget on everything it seems, this camper is just what the doctor ordered.we can enjoy lots of small outings with out a big rv payment.we meet great folks that like to ask about our camper, and we are happy to show it off. we've even met some great folks from this site.

wes

Attachments

• sol duc1.JPG
    sol duc1.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 425
  • sol doc 2.JPG
    sol doc 2.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 536
  • inside1.JPG
    inside1.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 555
  • inside2.JPG