Shower Review

kingb

I just got a pretty cool shower for the FWC.

http://www.duckworksbbs.com/gear/shower/index.htm

It's a black plastic garden sprayer with a shower head attachment.

What I like about it:

- It has an on/off button on the shower attachment (grey color in the picture) - this can also be locked on for hands-free operation

- It's black, so you can solar heat the water more effectively

- The shower head doesn't have too many holes in it, so the water comes out with very good pressure while not emptying the tank too fast. It takes 4:30 to empty the tank if left on and kept at a good pressure.

- It's $35 ($50 shipped). I was looking at the Zodi Extreme, but since I already have a stove in the FWC, plus another propane stove/grill combo for outside (plus a backpacking stove), I didn't need yet another burner for the shower. Then it doesn't need to be steel - just heat some water and pour it in (or set it in the sun).

- The hose is long enough to set the tank on the ground and shower.

I haven't seen any issues with it so far. If you're not going to make your own, this is a good, inexpensive option.

Cool idea. Unlike most sunshowers, you don't have to rely on gravity since you pressurize the container.
(I wonder if astronauts use something like this when "up there"? :unsure: )

Oh yeah, it is 2.5 gallons. I don't think I had it quite full when I tested it.

One thing I didn't see (or missed) was the capacity. Is it 2 gallons?

I like it. I got the Zodi and we like that too, but this unit is smaller and has a possible solar app. Gotta love the price :)

Last winter I had Coyote RV build me a super insulated camper with no plumbing in the shower stall for winter camping at ski area parking lots and no worries about frozen pipes. I then got a Hot Juggz portable shower with an identical shower head, pressure release valve, hand pump, 2 gal capacity and a neoprene cover and also for about $50 shipped. Works great.

I just got a pretty cool shower for the FWC.

http://www.duckworks...hower/index.htm

It's a black plastic garden sprayer with a shower head attachment.

Thanks for posting your review. We're looking to add pressurized solar showers to our lineup and this looks like a solid product and a nice alternative to the Hot Jugz shower.

I then got a Hot Juggz portable shower

Somehow I don't think that is a safe for work google item.... :LOL:

But I am interested in it - anythign has to be better than nothing.

We purchased a black bare naked lady from the Hot Jugz folks.
http://www.hotjugz.com/id2.html
Because we were content with our simple method of heating up some water and pouring it over each other, we kept forgetting it on trips and it just got moved around the garage. We took it on our latest trip and used it once. I 'spect we've gotten kind of set in our ways. We gave it mixed reviews. We gave it to Ted for further and more thorough testing.......not that we thought he needed it but for a proper equipment review to share with the group.

Back
Top Bottom