Side dinette vs rear dinette vs ?

Vic Harder said:
Those are the brackets that came with their rollover couch. You can get them from ATC/FWC. My "chairs" are similar in function. I used these bonVIVO Easy II Padded Floor Chair with Adjustable Backrest, Comfortable, Semi-Foldable Folding Chair, for Meditation, Stadium, Bleachers, Reading, Bed, Couch or Gaming, Elegant Design, Beige : Amazon.ca: Health & Personal Care
Note: Canadian pricing!!

The table they are using is a Lagun Table.
Interesting chairs. How did you mount?

Jzack605 said:
Interesting chairs. How did you mount?
not mounted. We just use them wherever we want. Did you see the flip up chairs I made for the PUMA build? We put these on those, most times.

Vic Harder said:
not mounted. We just use them wherever we want. Did you see the flip up chairs I made for the PUMA build? We put these on those, most times.
I didn’t see those. Did you post it on this thread?

Jzack605 said:
That’s exactly what I’m thinking. No need for leg supports?
yes/no. Those brackets are supposed to be able to hold 300+ pounds. My wife and I are both way less than 200#. The brackets hold the weight fine, UNLESS you giggle in your seat. Then the brackets get exposed to lateral forces they were not designed for. And they can bend.

I made short 4" sections of 1.5" c-channel that slides over the brackets when extended to re-inforce them. Holding now for 3+ years.

Vic Harder said:
yes/no. Those brackets are supposed to be able to hold 300+ pounds. My wife and I are both way less than 200#. The brackets hold the weight fine, UNLESS you giggle in your seat. Then the brackets get exposed to lateral forces they were not designed for. And they can bend.

I made short 4" sections of 1.5" c-channel that slides over the brackets when extended to re-inforce them. Holding now for 3+ years.
Could you share the folding brackets you used?

Has anyone tried the folding bracket+ making a side dinette that folds over? I have the table and brackets, guess I’m nervous about the amount of room it takes up. Do you all remove those horizontal storage to tuck it in more? Is that necessary?

My head is spinning with completing this side dinette. Anyone find any good free standing chairs to use with a mounted table?

The trick to having an inside seating area be useful is complicated by everyone's disparate wants and needs. I like a low chair for the camper so I can see out the window more. My brackets were attached as low as possible to the side wall. We can almost see out the side windows! A side benefit is that the seat is low enough to be able to sit while getting at the fridge/freezer without popping the top up.

So, look for low chairs. Kermit, Helio and other low slung types come to mind.

Those are the chairs I was eyeing, namely an REI version of the helio. Do you all find there’s limited locations for the table if I were to mount that pre chairs if I did a permanent seating down the line? It would be frustrating to mount the table, to have to remount it later.

Although I suppose I could fill holes drilled with dowels, glue and sealant.

We built out an ATC Cougar shell and made a side dinette with a table as part of the bench. But we rarely end up using the table and generally just have the bench in place so we have room for two humans and a 70# lab on the bench. works for us.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom