side drawer storage

Rusty

Several years ago I posted up a few photos of a side drawer I had made for my Alaskan. Image Shack then went $$$ on me and poof...all the photos were...GONE.ugh...

I'm going to make an attempt to reconstruct the photo link

finished pulled open.jpg

finished pulled out.jpg

first rail location.jpg

t roller guide.jpg

second rail location.jpg

second rail with back board.jpg

The drawer carries 2 folding chairs, a cameron "fold and smoke" smoker, a hatchet, rope, bungies, a 50 foot 12 ga. extension cord, blocks for under the step, a table cloth, some shade cloth and a camo cover for food.

The cover serves as a table for lightweight activities and is padded with a harbor freight furniture pad...cut to size and tacked in place....it also is the padding for abrasion resistance en route.

I think there are a few more pics around of the modification and I'll add them as I find them....enjoy

I hope these stick around a bit longer

Attachments

• closed face 1.jpg
    closed face 1.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 173
  • closed rear finished.jpg
    closed rear finished.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 162
I have a similar setup on one side of mine that holds three 5 gallon fuel cans, nozzle and a rescue/crash axe.

Rusty what did you use for the track to hang your side cabinet? Looks like it must extend all the way to the front to support the cabinet when it is pulled out fully? Seems like allot of weight on the track? I am considering building one for my 8 ft. CO Alaskan.
Thanks

the guide is a "T" track for pocket doors...ordered from a local door shop. there are two of them...one the full length of the camper and one the full length of the drawer...slightly less...the guides are "T" track guides which come with the track...4 wheels each....3 sets on the drawer fitted so two of them remain in the track at all times and one comes out but fits nicely when the drawer is returned to it's position. the drawer also has a stop...so things don't get "out" of control.....both ways..... in and out. Total weight on mine is about 50-60 pounds....I'm not sure if the track is weight rated....but it has performed nicely for about 10 years now.

The small slide, inside the drawer....fits in the shallow section and consists of a narrow section of poly center/aluminum skin signboard with two sets of rollers...it only comes out when the rest of the drawer is emptied.

I'll take few more pictures of the details for y'all.

doing it again...the drawer door will have flush cabinet locks...marine grade...the hardware is the highest price item in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom