Sierra Nevada Webcams

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
If you've never seen this great webcam resource, I highly recommend it:

Sierra Nevada Cams

One of my long-time favorites. It includes both sides of the Sierras, as well as links to other non-Sierra-California webcams.

(maybe this is old news...maybe I've even posted it before...but that doesn't change its value!
smile.gif
)

I hadn't checked out this great collection of Sierra Nevada (and beyond) webcams in quite a long time...but I was interested in seeing how much snow there is in places that I've been or am interested in.

In Yosemite there's a dusting, more-or-less, but not in the Valley:
Sentinel_20120122-1.jpg ahwahnee_20120122-1.jpg

On the east side, Mt. Whitney and Mono Lake areas have some:
whitneyportal_20120122-1.jpg MonoLake_20120122-1.jpg

Again, here's the link to this collection, where there's MUCH more than these 4 cams:
Sierra Nevada Cams

Yosemite is lookin' good this morning!

sentinel_20120124-1.jpg ahwahnee2_20120124-1.jpg

The Sierra view from Bishop looks nice, too!

bishop_20120124-1.JPG

Looks like a nice day on the east side of the Sierra Nevada, from this west-facing shot in/near Bishop:
smile.gif

gallery_2431_332_33449.jpg

From this webcam link: Bishop

On that same page there's a link to very-cool time-lapse compilations of these stills, as I posted here.

I rechecked that Yosemite Valley, Ahwahnee, webcam and the changing clouds and light offered another nice view:

gallery_2431_332_6013.jpg

Wow! Would be nice to be there with a camera today waiting for the next great photo-op...maybe getting refreshments at the Ahwahnee in between shots.
cool.gif

If we had affordable teleportation (or H.Potter-style apparition) I could be there now and then be home again before I needed a care-giver for my cat.
tongue.gif

I rechecked that Yosemite Valley, Ahwahnee, webcam and the changing clouds and light offered another nice view:

gallery_2431_332_6013.jpg

Wow! Would be nice to be there with a camera today waiting for the next great photo-op...maybe getting refreshments at the Ahwahnee in between shots.
cool.gif

If we had affordable teleportation (or H.Potter-style apparition) I could be there now and then be home again before I needed a care-giver for my cat.
tongue.gif

Mark BC
Maybe you need to FWC train your cat-end the cat problem! Take 'em to Sierras to enjoy nature and broaden his horizons! One of the funniest things i ever saw one time at Manchester SB, was a guy with a cat on a leash:LOL:, cat didn't look to happy, but hey-it's a solution-sort of went along with his ginger bread house/camper he was driving . Unlike the dog, my cat will not go anywhere near the FWC, so he gets to stay in the house with the fish when I'm gone-family problems-still great cam shots, makes me ready to "adventure"!

Smoke

While not a webcam shot, this was Lake Tahoe yesterday (sat. 3/31) around noon.
Surf's up!!

Attachments

• tahoewind.jpg
    tahoewind.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 128
While not a webcam shot, this was Lake Tahoe yesterday (sat. 3/31) around noon.
Surf's up!!

Damn!
ohmy.gif

Were you there, was this your shot?

Mark BC
Maybe you need to FWC train your cat-end the cat problem! Take 'em to Sierras to enjoy nature and broaden his horizons! One of the funniest things i ever saw one time at Manchester SB, was a guy with a cat on a leash:LOL:, cat didn't look to happy, but hey-it's a solution-sort of went along with his ginger bread house/camper he was driving . Unlike the dog, my cat will not go anywhere near the FWC, so he gets to stay in the house with the fish when I'm gone-family problems-still great cam shots, makes me ready to "adventure"!

Smoke

Yep, I tried that, a little, 6 months ago -- see this thread:
Camping with Cat
I need to give it another shot.

How'd i miss that thread-Mark, those pictures with the leash bring back bad memories of trying to get my old cat to walk in his new one, maybe it is time to try it again!

Smoke

Fresh snow in Yosemite Valley in mid-April, and it's still coming down!
It's a good thing (unless you're up on a wall right now
ohmy.gif
).
View from Ahwahnee Meadow webcam:

gallery_2431_332_34112.jpg

Yosemite Webcams

Back
Top Bottom