Sierra Nevada Webcams

New snow in Yosemite Valley -- early evening today:

gallery_2431_332_73797.jpg

The White Mountain Road must be clear of snow, drivable, all the way to the end, as this snap from the Barcroft Lab (12,000 ft) live webcam shows non-snow-machines have driven up there:

Barcroft_20120603-1.jpg

This doesn't mean that the gates are open to the public all the way up...maybe so.

I wonder if that furniture in the pickup is being moved in or out... On the White Mt Research Station main page they mention "major budget cuts" for 2012.

This, my favorite, the best site for Sierra Nevada webcams has changed their URL and look/layout of the site, though the content seems to be more-or-less the same. Looks like they've removed a few dead/bad links:

Sierra Nevada Webams

So...update your bookmarks accordingly.
BTW: There's a tab on the site with links for interesting non-Sierran California cams, too....e.g., coastal, Cascades-in-California, etc.

When you can't "wander" in person, you can at least indulge your wandering eyes...

Thanks, ski3pin!
I've thought before that this topic needed to be refreshed -- glad you did it. I used to look at some of those cams regularly, but it's dropped off my radar, apparently, and the link I used had died.
:)

Thanks Mark. I'm not into webcams except for checking real time road conditions. Friends that will be working at Bucks Rock and Delilah lookouts just passed the link on to me.

Back
Top Bottom