simple air dam idea

Pictures

Ok I was able to take some quick pictures to show extending the existing Thule plastic and how the rubber is attached.

First two are the before pictures and the last three are what it is now.

Attachments

• FrontView2.jpg
    FrontView2.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 584
  • b-4_tule_side.jpg
    b-4_tule_side.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 580
  • tule_front.jpg
    tule_front.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 593
  • tule_side.jpg
    tule_side.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 582
  • tule_back.jpg
    tule_back.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 597
How much gap do most of you have? I just measured mine and the low point is only 1.75". Big gaps more common?

On mine the Ranger sits high so the gap was big. I have two friends here one with a Toyota T-100 and a Hawk and a Toyota Tundra and a Hawk. Both have big gaps between the truck bed side rails and bottom of the camper. Also means big gap under the cab to camper. The measurement I don't know, but they could benifit from an air deflector of some kind.

Thanks for the pics, nice elegant solution. The gap on my 04 Tundra DC with a Hawk on is 4" in the middle growing to 5 1/2" as the roof tapers.

I purchased one of those aero wings off Craigslist anticipating using it on the Tundra. It isn't as wide as the truck and I would have to construct some kind of mount. I think pvstoy's solution is better.

My Yak Rak Airfoil

I took an old Yakima rack and replaced the small plexy shield with some I bought from Ace and cut. I reinforced it with some steel strips (vertical, right under the "all terrain" sticker).

I did not notice any significant mpg gains, but it sure is quieter on the road! Another plus is when passing trucks going the other way, there is much, much less of that vacuum whooshing that shakes the whole rig.

Where do you get a "roll of rubber" pvstoy? I'd like to complete it but making it flush with the roof.DSC02717e.jpg

I did not notice any significant mpg gains, but it sure is quieter on the road! Another plus is when passing trucks going the other way, there is much, much less of that vacuum whooshing that shakes the whole rig.
After looking at your picture, maybe if you drive with the camper closed would help. :D:D

Where do you get a "roll of rubber"
I see them in most of the men restrooms. :D:D

Mike

I see them in most of the men restrooms. :D:D

Mike

I'd like to get one without ribs and preferrably not glow in the dark either. Guess I'll have to try Walgreens...:D

(DD can kick us off now....)

After looking at your picture, maybe if you drive with the camper closed would help. :D:D
Mike

You have no idea how fast I had to run to get that pic too!:D

Back
Top Bottom