Skis and a Fleet

williak

Advanced Member
Looking forward to some ski trips in my new Fleet and wondering how folks manage thier skis on trips.

I guess the obvious option would be to add ski racks to yakima cross bars, but seems like that would require a step ladder to access the racks. Also guess that just laying them lengthwise on the floor could work, if your skis are short enough enough, which mine are'nt, considering the forward water tank cabinet in my fleet.

Thanks in advance..

Looking forward to some ski trips in my new Fleet and wondering how folks manage thier skis on trips.

I guess the obvious option would be to add ski racks to yakima cross bars, but seems like that would require a step ladder to access the racks. <snip>

I stand on top of the rear tire and am able to get skis up and down without a ladder. I do have the Lady ready below to take the skis as I hand them to her.

I stand on top of the rear tire and am able to get skis up and down without a ladder. I do have the Lady ready below to take the skis as I hand them to her.

I use a ladder.

I do what ski3pin does, same thing except I have a box. It works pretty good (from a somewhat minimalist standpoint) but a ladder or stepstool would be a lot safer.

Regardless, you do not want wet skis in the camper.

Another option you can consider is a rear rack or a hitch rack for the skis.

(in case you don't want to deal with putting them on the camper roof)

http://yakima.com/shop/snow/hitch

Attachments

• 4 door nissan.jpg
    4 door nissan.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 317
  • Nissan 4 Door with snowboards.jpg
    Nissan 4 Door with snowboards.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 319

Back
Top Bottom