Smev Appliances

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
Well we got the camper and are removing the wings and some other repairs here and there. We are also contemplating a little remodeling especially relocating the stove for better morning coffee duties - out of the way of the bed slider. Noticed some photos of these Italian appliances. Wondered if we could get an update on how folks like them. Also there is very little on tech specs. Mainly I'm curious on the btu output on the two burners on the two burner stove. Thanks.

I definately like having the usable counter space with the covers down considering much of the time they aren't in use. Plus we'll put dirty dishes and such in the sink if we're doing them later and still have the work space, etc. I've only gotten in a few over nighters so far but we have a 2 week trip coming up that will get some solid use on them (haven't been out with the faucet on the sink yet so no feedback there). The stove I have has two different sized burners 47mm & 62mm, not sure the BTU's but the 62mm which is on the right (nice because its farthest away from the back of the camper in my setup) seems to have a quart of water at boil in a couple minutes which is good to go in my book. No problems doing eggs, etc. with a 10" cast iron skillet either. The push button ignition is nice as well.

Overall moving the stove were I did made me happy, getting these units makes everything even more usable which makes me happier.

Edit: Also compared to the original stove which was 10years old this seems to have less "fumes" as it burns. Don't know if that is more an issue of the difference of construction or the age.

Pods8, thanks for the input. We're in the middle of laying out our new counter top and deciding where and what we want. These certainly look attractive but "real world first hand" evaluations are so helpful. We plan on keeping our unit pretty clean and simple as a warm, dry, place to get into. Since we're making some changes, we want to try to only do it once.

i too am interested in some more imput... looking at the 2burner (dont really want to pay 200us for one though)

jeff

anyone have a workable stove they removed they would want to sell?

i too am interested in some more imput... looking at the 2burner (dont really want to pay 200us for one though)

jeff

Yeah I have the stock stove and sink from mine that I pulled out. I can probably take some pictures and shoot them your way to see condition.

jeff

Have you seen these?

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=stove&Submit=Go

Has anyone seen the new SMEV 1 burner combination sink with cover ? I saw one on a UK site. Other than eBay, is there anywhere else to find these appliances in the States ? Thanks, Frank

Other than eBay, is there anywhere else to find these appliances in the States ? Thanks, Frank

Aery Corp was the US distributer for a while and they were the ones selling on Ebay. They have pulled all their stuff off Ebay.

I feel lucky, I ordered the glass top drainer sink and the glass top three burner hob. Really nice stuff.

Has anyone seen the new SMEV 1 burner combination sink with cover ? I saw one on a UK site. Other than eBay, is there anywhere else to find these appliances in the States ? Thanks, Frank

They don't sell those in the States.

The only ones available here are a 2 burner; 2 burner tear drop; 3 burner and a separate sink.

HOWEVER.....Europe is only a phone call away; and i do call daily....... ;)

I saw the one you were talking about when they were listed on ebay back in the day. Not sure on a source now if Aery Corp isn't carrying them anymore.

Thanks for the replies, OH, Gandalf and Pods.
Was googling around some more and found that SMEV has been swallowed up by Dometic, but cannot find the new one on anything Dometic related, either. You are right, Marc, they don't sell it here :(

I guess I was lucky, I ordered my stovetop and sink before Aery went south, bad news is that the the installation instructions they sent kinda suck! can anyone tell me what I need as far as propane hookups? I am assuming I need a pressure regulator from my (external) tank but what size line/fittings? I assumed that these all use standardised fittings but the guy at my local RV supply was clueless. Can anyone help me out?

I will be posting on my interior remodel seperately.

Thanks,
John

I just reused the flare fittings that were used with the old stove and some new 3/8" copper tubing (same as before). You will need a tool to flare out the tube though if you go that route.

My Fleet was a shell model (no stove) so I am starting from scratch. as soon as I figure out how to reduce the file size (I foto/Mac) I will post some snaps on my remodel thread,

My Fleet was a shell model (no stove) so I am starting from scratch. as soon as I figure out how to reduce the file size (I foto/Mac) I will post some snaps on my remodel thread,

The fittings in the camper were just 3/8" brass flare fittings and since I had the right tool & extra tubing on hand I just reworked that stuff (the main benefit to this is when running multiple sources on propane such as the fridge and furnace as well you can just add T-fittings in the line). If you are starting from scratch you could use the same or go with whatever else suits your fancy, esp. if you are only running a single line just to the stove. I can't recall exactly but I'd guess the actual stove was just normal NPT threads and shouldn't be anything fancy. It could have had a flare fitting on it and I just don't recall either. Does the stock fitting look like a hole with threads or have a cone appearance like the flare fittings below?

1222308954548_hz_myalibaba_web7_2244.jpg

flare-tube-fitting.jpg

Did you find them in the States ?
Looks like a photo from a UK site ?
Still very interested in this set-up...
Thanks,
Frank

I found it. I think these cost $250 USD not including shipping. Ouch

Hi Guys,

I want to get the separate SMEV's like Pods and SKi3pin and I found descriptions of them on the Dometic site but no place to order them online. Does anyone have a link to where you can buy these?

Back
Top Bottom