Soft window replacement options?

UglyScout

Contributors
I have a broken, cracked, destroyed soft side window on my popup.

Anyone replaced just the window portion?

I figure I could cut it off near the bottom where it meets the solid window cover - have a boat top/ vinyl repair shop make me a new 'piece' with the velcro on it - stick it in there and attach it to the cut off piece somehow??

Any ideas?

Cut the window out, leaving about 1/2" of clear plastic "frame" around the inside edge of the window. Use HH-66 to glue a new piece of window plastic in its place.

Hopefully not a hijack but am wondering if that glue would also be useful on a shrunken window.

In my new to me 2005 hawk the clear vinyl has shrunk considerably, a disappointing amount actually. I’m not sure how they were made during that year but my 96 ranger II never had window shrinkage (despite its older age) sorry. In fact in some spots it’s really not gripping the Velcro. So opposite to ugly scout I would cut a larger frame with a Velcro back and glue to existing vinyl.

I was also thinking of making clear storm windows that will attach by Velcro to the outside. Maybe that could be another option for ugly scout for the one window.

Back
Top Bottom