Solar LED Motion Lights

Longbeard87

Advanced Member
Found some cool lights that I mounted on the outside using velcro. I remove them when driving. The ones I got from Home D have a dim light that shines when dark and then when it detects motion it has a much brighter display. Worked nice when coming out of the woods from hunting. I could see the dim lights a good ways off. When you or something living walks nearby they light up full intensity. Might be a small way to add a little security as well. Of course I suspect the light tripping at night will get my wife's full attention wondering what is outside..... LOL.

Looks like there are several different manufacturers and different styles / features. Mine came from Home D for $13.00 and also got two from Amazon my friend sent me. Mine were brown, link below shows a white version.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ever-Brite-3-35-in-x-1-65-in-White-Single-Pack-LED-Solar-BRITEW-MC4/302566373?keyword=ever+brite

Longbeard87 said:
Of course I suspect the light tripping at night will get my wife's full attention wondering what is outside..... LOL.
Sometimes, best not to know what lurks in the shadows! :D

In reality, I sleep so much better when off the grid, way out in the boonies; I'm very light sensitive. If I had exterior lights illuminating during the night due to jack rabbits, blowing tumbleweeds, etc., I don't think I would be enjoying the boon-docking experience in the least.

If perimeter security is an issue you want to address, lots of inexpensive, harmless, DIY ideas by "preppers" on the internut.

I have solar motion sensor lights at home. Very nice when I'm outside, kind of annoying when I'm in bed. Cats, rats, all kinds of things set them off. They do have adjustable sensitivity but its a pita to set it just right.

Back
Top Bottom