SOLD - 2012 Four Wheel Camper - Fleet Shell

Great price, a new shell starts at $7995.00. Naturally this comes up as we are taking delivery of our Fleet Shell.

Wow, selling this camper has certainly been a learning experience. I've updated the CL ad a bunch of times….today's update was for more detailed dimensions, specifically height over bed rails, height at the cabover, and width between the jacks. I thought a Fleet also would fit a Tundra, T100, and maybe even other 1/2 ton full sized pickups, but now I'm not so sure. That could require a platform for the camper to sit on and some modification of the camper jack mounting brackets to make it wider?

Anyway, here's the latest version of the CL ad. Oh, and I'll still sell it to ExPo and WTW folks for $7000.

PRICE REDUCTION! (*** updated 2/12/14 for camper dimensions***)

I haven't been able to travel as much as I had hoped, so my popup pickup truck camper is for sale. It is a 2012 model, but I didn't take delivery until September 20, 2012. It's only a bit more than a year old. These lightweight, aluminum framed campers are very popular for use with Tacoma, Frontier, Dakota, Colorado, and Ranger pickups. I use it on my 2011 Frontier. Most people put heavier springs or airbags on their truck's rear suspension.
It's in excellent shape except for about 10 marble sized dents in the roof from a hail storm last summer. See below for options. It is currently stored on a trailer in my garage

Dimensions:
width - overall 75"
width - between wheel wells 39"
width - at tailgate 51.5"
width - between jacks 78"
(if you're trying to put it on a full sized, the truck can't be wider than that without rigging some sort of extension brackets…and it will be more difficult with less room for error to back under the camper to load it)

height - top down 54"
height - top up ???
height - bottom of camper to overhang of bed rails 19"
height - bottom of camper to overhang of cabover 43"
(if you're trying to put it on a full sized truck, you may need to make a platform for the camper to sit on to raise it up so you have clearance over your cab and bed rails)

Headroom with top up 6'4"
Overall Length 128"
Bed Length 80"

The camper is secured by tightening turnbuckles between the camper to four heavy duty eye bolts installed into your truck bed with backing plates and bolts (no hardware hanging outside of your truck like other campers). If you have a late model Tacoma with the composite bed, Four Wheel Campers makes some brackets that bolt into the bed mounts on your truck. A trolling motor outlet is mounted in the right front corner of your bed to connect to your truck's electrical system for charging the house batteries. Professional installation at a Four Wheel Campers dealer runs around $400 for steel bed trucks and about $500 for composite bed Tacos. You'd need to make an appointment at the dealer.

More information for Four Wheel Campers - Shell Models
http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/index.php/products/shell-model/

Options include:

Mechanical Camper Jacks (4) plus the drill chuck so you can use an 1/2" electric drill instead of hand cranking - it takes me about 30-40 minutes to load/unload (I don't drive with the jacks on the camper, as the four of them total about 100 lbs)

Fan-Tastic Fan - powered vent fan in roof

LED Interior Lights - energy efficiency

Screen Door - keeps the bugs out

Arctic Pack - a removable extra layer of fabric to create additional airspace/insulation with top up. It also seems to work well to help keep the heat of the desert out in the summer.

Auxiliary Battery System with separator located passenger side forward to keep weight low and forward - Two Group 24 AGM batteries in parallel, Total house bank: 150 Ah @ 20hr rate (the two batteries total about 100lbs. . .I would entertain the idea of keeping the batteries and discounting the price of the camper a little bit more if you didn't want them)

Yakima Tracks on roof, 10' long - if you wish to buy Yakima racks for future roof cargo

Solar Plug on rear wall wired to the battery box - if you wish to install a solar charging system in the future

Water Fill Door on driver's side - if you wish to install a water system in the future.

Vented Propane Box at driver's side rear - If you wish to install an RV furnace and/or two burner cook top in the future

Thick rubber pickup bed mat cut to the footprint of the camper

*****NOTE***** I've decided to include the storage trailer when selling the camper. The trailer is a 4'x8' Harbor Freight tilt bed trailer with 12" wheels and 1720# capacity. It cost me about a $500 after adding decking, varnish, and eyebolts. I only use this trailer for storage. It has not been used to transport the camper, and I'm not sure how that would work out. The trailer has been inspected, titled and licensed.
http://www.harborfreight.com/1720-lb-capacity-super-duty-48-inch-x-96-inch-utility-trailer-with-12-inch-five-lug-wheels-and-tires-94564.html

I've replaced the stiff factory foam in the cushions with a bottom layer of closed cell ensolite foam pads and an upper layer of open cell egg crate foam. I find it much more comfortable.

The camper is in excellent shape, but again there are about 10 marble sized dents in the roof from a hail storm last summer (that's why I built the trailer to store it inside). No leaks!

With the included options, I paid $10,220 for the shell (plus another $1400 for tax and delivery). I've had bad experiences with deposits, so the first person with $7400 CASH gets it. I can deliver the camper within 500 miles, or meet you at a convenient spot to transfer the camper (FWC dealer?…appointment needed) or if your truck is already set up for it (Walmart parking lot?).

I will not answer e-mails or text messages.
For more information call Paul at 719 fourNINEfour 9506.

Thanks for looking.

Keywords: 4wheel AllTerrain All-Terrain Phoenix Flip pac Flip-pac Flippac Wildernest

Thanks Paul! Finally picked up the camper this weekend from my friends in Grand Junction. It's in immaculate condition as promised, and is a perfect fit for my 2004 Tundra. It was great doing business with you, and I appreciate you allowing me to call with follow-up questions. Best of luck to you.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom