SOLD 2013 TOYOTA TACOMA + 2015 FW FLEET CAMPER

jerrysch

P1000677.jpgView attachment 23109P1000679.jpg

MORE PICTURES ON EXPEDITIONPORTAL.COM......................

NEW LOWER PRICE...$48,000

2013 TOYOTA TACOMA SR5
55,000 HIGHWAY MILES.
NADA $29,000 + THE UPGRADES I PUT ON = $31,200

THE 2013 TACOMA HAS:
FIRESTONE AIRBAGS ON REAR
BILSTEIN 5100 SHOCKS ON REAR
2" LIFT SPACERS ON THE FRONT
BF GOODRICH ALL TERRAIN KO2 - LT RATED (JUST PUT THEM ON)(STOCK SIZE)
WEATHER TECH FLOORMATS (FRONT AND REAR)
WEATHER TECH WINDOW VISORS (4)
AEM WASHABLE AIR FILTER
BUGSHIELD
FRONT WINDOW TINTING ADDED
HAD MY MUFFLER GUY DO 3" SIZE EXHAUST PIPE FROM THE CAT BACK AND
MAGNAFLOW MUFFLER AND RESONATOR (NICE SOUND, NOT TOO LOUD)
PRIMUS BRAKE CONTROLLER

THE 2015 FLEET CAMPER HAS THESE OPTIONS ADDED ON:

4 MECHANICAL CAMPER JACKS
100 WATT SOLAR PANEL ON ROOF
2-WAY 65 LITER REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER
FORCED AIR FURNACE WITH DIGITAL THERMOSTAT
DSI HOT WATER HEATER AND OUTSIDE SHOWER
FANTASTIC ROOF FAN
REAR LED FLOODLIGHTS
THERMAL PACK
BATTERY SYSTEM WITH 2 BIG AGM BATTERIES
FLUSH MOUNT SINK AND STOVE WITH COVERS
EXTERIOR GAS STRUT ROOF LIFT ASSIST

The price on the Fleet is $23.200 new, with included options.
NO BUILD TIME ON THIS ONE. IT IS ALL SET UP ON THE TRUCK!! READY TO GO.

PREFER SELLING AS PACKAGE. $48,000.....
ACTUAL TOTAL VALUE: $54,400

ALL IS LIKE NEW. CARED FOR VERY WELL. GARAGED. NO SCRATCHES/DAMAGE.
SYNTHETIC MOBIL 1 OIL USED IN TRUCK.

LOCATED IN WA STATE.

Attachments

• P1000691.JPG
    P1000691.JPG
    178.8 KB · Views: 336
Interested in the camper but already have a 2nd gen Tacoma to put it on. Let me know if your interested in separating the package and what price you were thinking.

For now I would like to see if I can sell it as a package. I will have to see what happens as a package sale. If I put it on RVtrader.com, I will probably sell it quickly. I put it on here first to see if there is any interest on wander the west...

MY LATEST THOUGHTS ON PRICE...
$29,000 FOR THE TRUCK + $19,000 FOR THE CAMPER = $48,000
THATS A GOOD DEAL....

I am interested in looking at the camper if you decide to seperate them. I sent you a PM with some questions. Thanks Brent

Just my thoughts on a package deal, since you asked. There is a large group of people out there looking for a good used truck to buy. There is a smaller group of people who have a truck already and are looking for a good camper. The smallest group is the one looking for a turnkey setup like yours and have the funds available to make that size of purchase.

I think you've done the right thing in first seeing if you can find a package deal buyer. If that's not working, it may be time to sell camper and truck separately. Best of luck with your sale.

I have decided to get my price to $46,000....
$18,000 for the camper and $28,000 for the truck.... $46,000.
That is a great deal...

I know you don't want to hear this, but it's priced too high. You've got a three year old truck, probably some or most is out of warranty (or will be soon) and it has 55,000 miles. That's half to one-third of its useful life, before significant maintenance is probably needed. A new truck is a only several thousand dollars more and someone can make it their own.

Another thing is it's more difficult to get financing for used vehicles. So, you're trying to sell a truck for close to what it would cost new. A bank may want to finance someone, but they have to know if they need to repossess the vehicle and auction it because a person quit making the payments that the won't be so significantly upside down. You have it priced higher than Kelly Blue Book, or at least on the high end of the scale. If Toyota offers any rebates that brings MSRP down even a couple thousand bucks, there is no reason to buy a used truck (that is only a few years old) over a new one.

When I bought my camper the bank couldn't find an MSRP. They found it in their computer and started adding options, but the price started at the "shell" price. Adding options wasn't at MSRP either, so they never got to the full price I paid. I had to give them the order sheet and manually enter a price for the camper. The financing person was nervous about whether it was overpriced even at new.

So, you have multiple things working against you. Trying to sell a vehicle that is only a couple/few years old is hard. In order to price it right it has to be so close to new that a rebate makes buying new easier than buying used. You've got a "niche" camper and most people option those campers based on what they want, not what someone else wants.

I think you'll have to drop the price on the truck by another $3k - $5k to make it attractive. The camper is probably priced pretty well, maybe another $1k - $2k off would make a sale. $46k isn't a great deal at all, it's ok.

I value your opinion, but wrong on some points...

I bought a new truck because they hold their value so well, because the 2-3 year old trucks were about $28,000, when I was buying.
That may make it hard to sell a 2-3 year old truck that is true.

They don't rebate Toyota Tacoma trucks. They also don't give 0% financing or anything fancy like that.
These trucks are good for 300,000 miles easily. I do have it priced at KBB. Plus I have $2200 in upgrades.....

Im not strapped for cash, so not in a have to sell now serenario, although I would like to get it out of my garage.
If anyone was interested, they would make an offer...

I will probably sell them separately...probably easier. Going on RVtrader.

I do want to give someone a good deal, just don't want to give it away either....

I'm not wrong, but I understand why you disagree with me.

As someone that worked as a warranty claims rep for one of the largest dealer networks in the region, I know they are not a 300k mile truck, not without significant maintenance/repairs. Toyota likes to tell people there is something called Toyota quality, but there isn't anymore.

You might be right, they (Toyota) might not give 0% financing on Tacomas (although my credit union does). Toyota does offer 0% on many vehicles, and rebates on Tacomas. Almost no one will finance a used vehicle for 0%. That makes it less attractive.

You're right, if anyone was interested, they would make an offer. Not getting an offer probably tells you something you don't want to hear. The price is too high (for buyers, not for you as a seller).

I hope you get the absolute best price for your truck and camper and I hope the person that buys it gets the absolute best price for your truck, and that you both walk away feeling satisfied.

Edited for spelling.

The market will tell you what a good deal is. If it was a great deal it would of sold in a week and you would not be having this thread. I have been calling on FWC campers for 2 months and the really good deals are gone same day. I did finally find one and paid about what you want but with more options. If you price it and doesn't sell, then the market is telling you its too high. My advise is to sell them each by themselves and mark them down after a couple of weeks until they sell. The fact that its been a month should say something.

Best of luck

Brent

UPDATED PRICE:

$27,000 FOR THE TRUCK
$18,000 FOR THE CAMPER

it is all like new. It is ready for use....
Thanks.

That's a good buy on the camper. You should easily sell them separately.

The Taco should move quick on craigslist. I owned a 2013 Tacoma. From my research, I found the the truck value dropped $1k per year or $1k per 10k miles. So realistically, it should easily sell between $3-5k of new price.

Best to your sale!

Hi ,I have $42,000 cash ,for both , I am in Northern California ,I will fly out and bring you an cashiers cheque
Please let me know ,thanks .
Dee .

Hi , I tried to make you an offer yesterday, I take it did not get posted ,I live in Northern California ,interested in your truck and camper ,
I have $42,000 cash .
I can fly out there and bring you a cashiers cheque ,please let me know .
Best regards .Dee Erce.

Back
Top Bottom