Soliciting Portable Water to sink ideas

RC Pilot Jim

In my Eagle shell I'm using a portable square 3 gallon plastic water container with spigot. Its located on top of the "refrigerator" cabinet and empty's by gravity into a sink mounted directly below. I manually add water from portable storage containers as needed. Space in small campers is always an issue and I have wondered if there is an easier more efficient method to get water into the sink.
gallery_2684_425_214500.jpg
and
gallery_2684_425_22266.jpg

Please contribute other ideas and pictures as I want to improve the the method. Thanks.

while I have not done this, other folks have used a Whale foot pump with the water supply (either a regular tank) or from water jugs to pump from the floor into the sink. I think Overland Hadley has a post on this - either here or on Overland site.

Thanks Taku - "Whale foot operated" water pump is a great idea.

Does anyone have pictures of one installed?

For the container I was thinking about a "camping trailer" 5-10 gallon "cube" with a filler tube to outside as it would fit under the counter. I got to call "Jayco" and source a small water tank. Does anyone have source for plastic water tanks on the west coast?

RC Pilot Jim said:
Hi Next-
What are the dimensions?
Does it have the "out" and "vent" nipples installed?
-Jim.
11"3/4" x 16"1/2"
No nipples installed. It has 4 outlets: in for fresh water, out to sink, vent hole and a outlet on the bottom for dumping the water in the tank. The outlets are not flush mounted on the tank surface, They are all threaded. It also has wire connections for hooking up an electric monitor. I don't have room to store the tank and would rather see someone use it then throw it away.

Josh, if you located the tank under the sink, is the shorter dimension (11-3/4")measured from side of camper toward the middle? If so are the threaded openings on left side of tank?
-Jim

For what its worth...and it isn't much, I think your existing method is simplicity personified. It's what I use, though I use a small aquatainer. I think its even in the Bible: And on the fifth day God said: Let gravity be thine water pump, and the force of thine own muscle be the force with which thy water be lifted to a height sufficent for it to fallith.

Personally, I hate hand pumps with a vengance, never used a foot pump and adding a 12 volt electric pump ads complexity and power requirements where none is needed. Your existing method has no pipes or tanks to worry about freezing, no godawful plastic PVC tank taste either. Plus I can take the water out of the camper when I need it outside.

But that is just me.

Imix - Thanks for your input...I will check out your "Aquatainer".
and your point is well taken because I cook outside most of the time so move the water container outside during the day.
-Jim

Thanks to everyone that contributed.

I decided to stick with the system I am currently using as "IMIX" made several good points - "No pipes or tanks, can be easily moved to the outside, no plastic smell or taste, no need for a hand, foot, or electric pump" .

My wife asked 'the reason I wanted to change what I was using" and I replied the" water
splashes on to the counter" ...Her reply - sink bowl isn't deep enough . Anything you change to will continue to splash on the counter" Only way to fix is to get a deeper sink...and that will cut into available storage space under the counter....Just leave it the way it is..If your bored go fly one of your airplanes or I will find you something to do !!"
(I should have asked her first and not even started this post)

Back
Top Bottom