Someone Stop me, Oops, too late!

Visiting Bend 2 nights July 1 and 2. Hope to see the rig on the roads for the long weekend.

Coming to Bend! Camping or just passing through? Maybe we can hook up.

Bet you all thought that I drowned in a river somewhere didn't you? Funny thing is that actually almost happened a few weeks ago, but that is another story.
Today I am here to let you all know that the "Titan Expedition Vehicle is pretty much DONE! Not only that but it has now been out on its maiden voyage...........and made it back home again.
We are so proud of this thing. It worked perfectly, no hiccups on the trip (and went 400 miles, 78 on washboard road, 5 on primitive double track) and not a nut came loose (excluding my own of course).

Any way I have two new videos up on Hooked Up Films. The first is a complete rundown on the completed vehicle and the second is a "glamour" vid on its maiden voyage.

Thanks for all of the support from my adopted WTW family and I am sooooooo excited to meet some of you out on the trails. Soon I hope.

Home Skillet

Congrats on your successful completion of this project. Really looking forward to seeing your camper and DD's custom camper one of these days. :)

Cool to see it through! (I'm only about 25% through glassing the lower core on mine right now.)

You mentioned 17-18mpg with the camper at highway speeds, is that 60mph range?, also how'd that compare to the stock truck in similar conditions?

Cool to see it through! (I'm only about 25% through glassing the lower core on mine right now.)

You mentioned 17-18mpg with the camper at highway speeds, is that 60mph range?, also how'd that compare to the stock truck in similar conditions?

60-65 mph. The stock truck used to get 20-22 on the hwy. So not too bad.

WOW! Very well done. I like your use of the plastic drawer storage - light yet functional. Best of luck with it.

WOW! Very well done. I like your use of the plastic drawer storage - light yet functional. Best of luck with it.

yes, we noticed also, great ideas and congrats on getting this completed and thanks for the time lapse details on the build. Impressive project!

Congrats on your successful completion of this project. Really looking forward to seeing your camper and DD's custom camper one of these days. :)

I hope to hook up with you too. Maybe this fall for a rally in Utah?

Coming to Bend! Camping or just passing through? Maybe we can hook up.

Missed this reply. Was there on motorcycle and stayed in the Lara House B&B for 2 nights July 1 and 2. Drove around the local roads and Cascade Lakes Highway July 2. Saw a FWC Eagle and Hawk pass by. Did not get a long enough look to identify any distinguishing details for ID purposes. Went out to the coast to Heceta Head Lighthouse and stayed in the keeper's mansion B&B for the next 2 nights. Perfect wether all around. Did a sand rail ride on the dunes, sea lion caves of course.

Next potential trip will be Oct 8-9, that would be in my truck camper if I go. A VHF ham radio conference at the Riverhouse motel I believe, the one with decks practically over the rapids.

Congrats on your maiden voyage!

Just in case anyone is wondering (while out wandering), the Titan Expedition Vehicle is still rolling......It has had a complete interior makeover by "flutterby" and is looking and working better than ever!

Here is a little pic taken on the Yakima River in March 2015. I'll be getting some interior photos up soon.

Contrary to what you may have heard..........Home Skillet DID NOT die, he just took a long winter nap (3 years) and is now up and ready for the road. Hope you all are having fun out there!

[sharedmedia=gallery:albums:898]

HS

Back
Top Bottom