Soon to be new Hawk owner- Need advice Re. Dogs.

Camping World has a 6' long (folds in half to 3') ramp with turf. Our dog loves the ramp. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Old topic, but thought I'd post anyway.

My 35# heeler rides in the backseat area (took seats out, have platform) and my old pug rides in the passenger seat. At night, they both sleep in my Fleet camper bed with me. There's fur everywhere, so I vacuum out after trips.

I do worry about heat though during the day in the camper. This will be my first summer with the camper (got it last November), so we'll see how it goes.

I've shared this photo before.
Tundra AC cab with rear seat removed. Plywood platform has 1x4 edge to retain dog bed. It's supported by a plywood panel and 1x2 legs attached with bolts. There's storage below Callie's platform, and a nook for a K-9 waterbowl on top.

Attachments

• s7_660729_imageset_02.jpeg
    s7_660729_imageset_02.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 92
I have the duluth trading dog hammock too and it is bombproof for my very active red heeler and chessie. Since the kids came along and we need the backseat for people the dogs have been relocated to the camper. I actually think they are happier since they have more room and its easier for them to lounge on the couch w/o the back rest and look at the scenery out the side window. We put down a cheap foam mat on the cushion which does an adequate job of collecting fur and dirt. We also can leave a water dish back there which would never work in the truck cab. If it gets too hot they get to ride in the truck but we usually avoid camping in the heat if we can help it.

Back
Top Bottom