Southeast Oregon -- Maps for "Trip Planning"

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
These aren't brand new...and the areas are generally covered by BLM District maps that I already have...but these are newer and are printed on plastic, and I didn't have these.
biggrin.gif
I'm a bit of a mapophile.
If you're planning a trip to southeast Oregon you might want pick these up. I have all the western state topo maps in my laptop (which I always bring on road trips), but unlike topo maps, these show land ownership -- public vs private land.
I got these at the Deschutes/Ochoco National Forest HQ in Bend today...should be available at other USFS and BLM offices in the region, as well as some outdoor stores.

gallery_2431_87_30366.jpg

Wow! You are really well equipped and I feel better already about our little outing this weekend. I only have the Oregon Recreation Atlas, which is pretty good but doesn't show any of the land ownership (which is a big deal when you are dry camping/dispersal camping).

I will have to pick some of those up to add to my own collection.

Home Skillet

Those plastic maps are nice but what the heck is the trick to getting them to fold back up? Mine seem to want to return to some natural state of unfoldedness.

I received them in the mail today along with Malheur River Country. And my wife *JUST* said, "These are nice maps!" And she's no mapophile.

You can get them by calling the BLM office (in my case, Portland) and giving out a credit card over the phone. Maps showed up in the mail with no shipping charge, IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom