Southern Oregon Backcountry - July 2020

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
Ready for more? Here we go. The next installment includes extraordinary solitude and the story and photos are up on our blog. You can find it here -

Southern Oregon Backcountry - July 2020

We hope you are all still having fun. We sure did. Thanks for following along. :)

Gotta go. The Lady says it's time to wash the truck.

Wonderful trip report! I hope to be back in that area this fall. That old cook stove is a beauty. I’m surprised it’s still in good shape.

Thanks for sharing so we can tag along!

Looks like that was a great trip! Thanks for posting the report.

I would love to incorporate some of the places you've found into my own trips. Lots of times it's pretty easy to find where you were, other times not so easy. I would like to see that cabin and the area. I found it but it took me a while. That is definitely the middle of nowhere!

Nothing like remote and peaceful for the two of us! Thanks for the nice comments! :)

Vic Harder said:
wow, very remote and peaceful looking. Thanks for letting us tag along!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Wonderful trip report! I hope to be back in that area this fall. That old cook stove is a beauty. I’m surprised it’s still in good shape.

Thanks for sharing so we can tag along!

CoreyTrevor said:
Looks like that was a great trip! Thanks for posting the report.

I would love to incorporate some of the places you've found into my own trips. Lots of times it's pretty easy to find where you were, other times not so easy. I would like to see that cabin and the area. I found it but it took me a while. That is definitely the middle of nowhere!
I did leave a few breadcrumbs............happy sleuthing. :)

I believe that your cowboys were most likely:

Franklin Davis “Frank” Paxton, born March 15, 1879 in Oregon.
Died June 18, 1955.
Buried in Lakeview, Oregon.

Gordon Seth DeVore, born October 12, 1888 in Higginsport, Ohio.
Died February 3, 1969 and buried in Portland, Oregon.

Thanks for trip report. Maybe I’ll see you all at a petroglyph billboard one of these days.
Take care, Geologyjohn.

geologyjohn said:

Died June 18, 1955.

Thanks for trip report. Maybe I’ll see you all at a petroglyph billboard one of these days.
Take care, Geologyjohn.
GeologyJohn, that’s impressive sleuthing! Thanks for sharing.

My lord! More amazing pics and education!!! Inspirational stuff! Again thanks both for such great photos and education!
Wayne +Carol

Wonderful TR - thanks!! Nice to have a place all to yourself. Looks like a nice track to get around.

geologyjohn said:

Died June 18, 1955.

Take care, Geologyjohn.
Thank you geologyjohn! I have updated the blog post with this information including you as the source.

WjColdWater said:
My lord! More amazing pics and education!!! Inspirational stuff! Again thanks both for such great photos and education!
Wayne +Carol
Wayne & Carol, thank you for the nice comments! We appreciate it. :)

Back
Top Bottom