Spring is almost here

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie
Site Team
Just a little taste of what's to come.It's so nice here in the mornings.Flowers out,the hawks,owls and all the other morning birds getting ready for the new day.BUT there may be some weather yet to come.By Wednesday the weather people have threatened us with rain.We can sure use it.So far only 11"this rainy season.
Get out there and enjoy.
Frank

Attachments

• DSCN5901.jpg
    DSCN5901.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 81
  • DSCN5904.jpg
    DSCN5904.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 72
Its been warm here, too. But it's unseasonably warm. Most years, it's not reliably -- continuously -- spring in central Oregon until May...or June. :rolleyes:

Buds are getting bigger on the peach trees and little leaf nubbins are starting to show. The same with the blueberries. Isn't the equinox next week? The first day of spring is always a very special anniversary for the Lady and me, this year our 30th.

...Isn't the equinox next week? The first day of spring is always a very special anniversary for the Lady and me, this year our 30th.

Yep -- equinox is on the 20th this year. Cool and symbolic day for an anniversary!
smile.gif

Especially since what we are celebrating doing for the first time so many years ago fits so well with the springtime theme. :)

Especially since what we are celebrating doing for the first time so many years ago fits so well with the springtime theme. :)

You mean...planting something in the garden?
huh.gif

:LOL:

Hey it's almost spring and its st pats day, been outside sitting in the sun having a vodka and cranberry-thinking about the world, but should be sitting in the snow---not the sun, the snow melted off--way early, and Mark BC has more mtn snow than us but it's bad there and here and Ski sees the same down there in the central Sierras, with 30-50% snow pack in the hills-probably no wet spring ahead to save us. The fire types may make some $ this year, but me thinks lot's of fires, no water and no help from nature and all these Neanderthal flat earthers in congress stopping (or even talkiing about it-living in that bubble where facts don't count) any solutions, no budget-, yep living in the 1400's is great ( 1 and 1 is really 3 if you say it enough times)---bad year for playing out there, yep no climate change, need some snow, sorry guys I'm really thinking we have a bad year to face-maybe several more, must be time for to head to the woods and I'm on a bummer, so my friends, it's time to take the Granby out, turn off the tv and smell the flowers and watch good old "Bob" figure out how to catch that rabbit or lizard in between chasing his ball!

:LOL:Smoke

Took a quick trip up 50 today. Only snow I saw on the ground was where plows had piled it. See a little bit up on the higher hills. Not looking good. Was warm and dry today. Otoh, they should be opening up the dirt roads earlier than normal.

Who knows though. I remember one year it was raining into June. Maybe we'll get lucky yet.

Spring flowers popping up all over here. Day lillies ahave sprouted to about 8" and the garlic I planted in the fall is already about 5". Skunk cabbage is in bloom in my neighbourhood and I'm just waiting for the bears to wake up. Warm and wet constantly so far this month. The pineapple express is gone but it's hard to tell unless you're over 5000' and I live at about 9'.

Bikes are coming along on our April trip too but we have been looking forward to backcountry snowboarding in the eastern Sierra for a year - come on SNOW!!

I also fear it could be a pretty dry summer with many fires.

Well here old man winter is making a last stand. It's 10 AM here and the temp is 9 degrees F. There is over a foot of snow on the ground with a fresh 4 inches yesterday and the only sign of spring is the sun getting higher in the sky. It is doubly hard to take this year as last year we set a daily record for high temperature at 79 degrees.
:oops:
I am longing for the warm-up and the spring flowers you guys are talking about.

<snip>
I am longing for the warm-up and the spring flowers you guys are talking about.

.......and we are longing for your old man winter out here. :eek: Who's been screwing with our weather patterns? ;)

Well Ski, our latest storm seems to be petering out here, and we had hopes for some snow and maybe we'll get some rain. they say some snow in the real high country but wind and the few rain drops down here isn't going to keep the world from burning and drying up this summer! Hey takeiteasy, why don't you load your truck up with some of that snow and head over here:LOL:? The sun just poked it head out through the over cast-please snow!

Smoke

<snip>
Who's been screwing with our weather patterns? ;)

Ski- weather patterns are definitely screwed up- don't want to get into who to blame.:LOL: :unsure:

Smoke- even with above average snow, we are still in a drought situation. The snowpack is likely to melt fast and run off down the rivers, not soak into the ground. So we will deal with floods in the spring and drought in the summer.

Oh well, nothing to do but sit back and enjoy the show. :)

Looks great for early-spring camping:
smile.gif

VIS4_20130321-1.gif

Out west (especially, south of WA) really needs more "weather" coming in...but maybe that can wait until I'm home from camping, middle/late next week...please.

I am sharing our spring weather for these members not as lucky.
I think the spiders are working at spelling out WTW.
Have a good Easter week end.
Frank.

Attachments

• DSCN5912.jpg
    DSCN5912.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN5913.jpg
    DSCN5913.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCN5917.jpg
    DSCN5917.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN5919.jpg
    DSCN5919.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 74
Thanks. Spring can't get here soon enough!

I think the spiders are working at spelling out WTW.
Have a good Easter week end.
Frank.

Thanks Frank. Looks like we may hit the 40s this week and melt some snow. That would be good. :cool:

:eek:

Yep, it's acting like Spring here with just a tad of winter left to mess up those off-road trips. The crocus are popping up as are the tullips-yep sure signs of Spring. But we still need a whole bunch of snow this month or we will be just one big fire all summer, another hot, hot summer!

Smoke

We took care of a bunch of chores around the homestead this weekend. We even swapped out the winter tires for summer tires on the Lady's Subaru. Yup, woke up to snow this morning. :D

We took care of a bunch of chores around the homestead this weekend. We even swapped out the winter tires for summer tires on the Lady's Subaru. Yup, woke up to snow this morning. :D

6-12 inches of snow forecast for our neck of the woods this week. Spring has been delayed again.

Back
Top Bottom