Spring thing

IMG_1173.jpeg
IMG_1172.jpeg
Vic Harder said:
Monte, with amount of snow you folks get, I am surprised that the accumulated piles are not that high. Does it melt a lot between dumps?
I was thinking the same - how tidy it looks. Here is the view out the front and back of my house right now.

Vic Harder said:
Monte, with amount of snow you folks get, I am surprised that the accumulated piles are not that high. Does it melt a lot between dumps?
Usually does or settles and melts back. Depending on temperature, wind and sun. Front yard have snow in the shade that has been there since December sometime.

Ahh... with the accumulations expected in those weather reports, I was expecting to see 10' or more of snow on the ground. That explains it. Up here in some parts of Canada, any snow that falls after Halloween stays until May.... :oops:

Vic Harder said:

pvstoy said:
Usually does or settles and melts back. Depending on temperature, wind and sun. Front yard have snow in the shade that has been there since December sometime.
Patrick is correct. It settles quite a bit. The last two storm cycles have been cold with very low elevation snow. So, the snow we received was light and fluffy, maybe around 8% water content. Wind and sun aspect greatly affect where and how long it hangs around. In March, when the sun comes out, it tends to go pretty fast. But, we have condensed piles here now that should last well into April. Also, we removed much of the snow off the roof of the house after the previous storm.

I'm not at all sure sunshine would be a good idea right now. Wait until the atmospheric river rains come down on top of the snow. A lot of roofs are going to collapse :( I can see some pretty bad flooding happening downstream. Could get very ugly.

Going up on the lean to shed roof now to shovel a huge drift off................................

Julie's concerned about the tractor garage. It's next.

If the winter olympics had snow shoveling completion, we'd consider trying out for the team.

Lunch break on the boat and the spring time decided to join me on the couch for a minute. Back to another couple weeks of rain tomorrow. I'll take what I can get!

Attachments

• IMG_2424.jpg
    IMG_2424.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 45
Report from the snow gophers. Over 6" this morning since it stating snowing again at 7am. Coming down hard, near whiteout conditions. This is a spring to remember. :)

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Perhaps it’s one to try and forget.
:)

Just finished up another 1.5 hours on the tractor. After lunch, it is clear the solar panels and get Julie up on the small garage roof.

One more storm and we are more than ready for suggestions on where in the desert to move to. :)

Desert? Look at Joshua Tree and the snow they have there.
That's desert isn't it?
Good luck. Just keep in mind the drought is easing.

Have you told Julie she's going up on the roof?
Frank

ski3pin said:
:)

One more storm and we are more than ready for suggestions on where in the desert to move to. :)
I wonder how many For Sale signs I am going to see on my street come spring - I mean when the snow melts (which could be this Friday after we get our 2-3 inches of rain :(

I'd consider the desert but I don't do heat as well as I used to.

Back
Top Bottom