Spring Trip to NE Arizona

Radicalfil

Advanced Member
Started out to Arizona with a little 2 day trip to Joshua Tree.

Then on to Phoenix to meet some friends and take in the San Jose Sharks game against the Phoenix Coyotes.

Unplanned trips through Sedona and the Hopi Reservation.

Spent the night as guest on the Hopi Reservation and witnessed the Vernal Equinox there the next morning.

Then ultimately onto Canyon De Chelly N.P. Spent only one day and one night there traveling the North and the South rims to document my visit.

Disappointed that I ran out of time. I wished I had taken the tour of the Canyon floor in either my own truck or on the Jeep Tour.

Free campsite at the Visitor Center and worth every bit of it. Howling dogs and raided camp. Vehicle constantly traveling through the campsite. Very noisy but free.

Here are some pix to document the journey.
1) Joshua Tree-White Tank Campground
2) The road to Sedona
3) Ancient Hopi Village
4) Ancient White House Ruins
5) Spider Rock

Attachments

• White Tank Campground_sm.jpg
    White Tank Campground_sm.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 263
  • Sedona pano_sm.jpg
    Sedona pano_sm.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Walpi_sm.jpg
    Walpi_sm.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 268
  • Ruin_sm.jpg
    Ruin_sm.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 258
  • Spider Rock 6_sm.jpg
    Spider Rock 6_sm.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 260
been wanting to go back to Canyon de Chelly

actually we want to spend a lot more time between Canyon de Chelly and Monument Valley....spent a long day driving through that whole area, even down to the Hubbard Trading Post, didn't camp though....been wanting to go back ever since

Hi Radical...Nice report.

Sherri and I went through NE Arizona last October and visited Canyon De Chelly. It was a gem. The free campground near the visitor center was pretty good when we were there...no dogs or traffic...and the leaves on the trees were in full fall color. It was the first time I traveled through the Navajo Nation. There was a lot of open territory and pretty sights there, however, camping options seemed very limited.

It's time to hit the road!

Back
Top Bottom