Spring Wanderings Southward

Cayuse

The plan is to leave Spocompton on March 18th. Eventual destination is Las Vegas (Red Rock) and I HAVE to be there on the 29th but arriving a day or two early and being able to get some climbing in would be fine as well.

I've driven this many times either through Utah or Nevada so thinking about changing it up this time and maybe taking a coastal route for part of the trip and if the bloom is in full force perhaps going to DV. Would also be willing to travel to Jtree for a bit of climbing and have some friends in San Diego that it would be good to see so there really isn't much off limits, just looking for suggestions. I will be pulling a small trailer.

Daughter will be joining me in Vegas and after a week at the Red Rock Rendezvous we will start back north probably spending a couple days at Kanab volunteering at Best Friends and then maybe heading to Grand Gulch for a three day backpacking trip followed by a marathon drive home.

So what say you California wanderers? I haven't been in the state in several years and the last time I took a roadtrip through the state was close to 20 years ago,

TIA,
Bob

PS. Have never been to DV so suggestions information about that is most welcome.

Back
Top Bottom