Starcraft Alpine Meadows pop-up lift jack anchor problem

wrsmith22

Hi folks,
Newbie to forums.

I have a Starcraft Alpine Meadows. Love this unit - the lift jacks work great. My wife was trying to help out - I was busy helping others clean up the mess hall where we were camping - she let one whole side of the camper down and it got hung up on the truck bed and kinda pulled the lift jack anchor loose from the truck.

The wood behind the anchor is quite old and dried out now and just using larger self-tapping anchors did not work.

Any suggestions on how to get the anchor back onto the camper body securely.

I have a set of portable slide-out support jacks that will do temporarily but would prefer to get this anchor secured back onto the side of the camper - passenger rear jack - and get the jack back in place.

Thanks for any help.

Wayne

Thanks for the suggestion Wandering Sagebrush - will follow-up with photos.

Welcome to the group.
I had a similar problem on a hard side I had early 80s.
Someone ran in to a rear jack while parked at a store.
The bracket was pulled loose from the wood framing.
I was able to use some longer/larger screws to get to work until we got home from the trip.
When home I was able to have a plate made and just through bolted the bracket to the rear area of the camper.
Worked well but just kept an eye on it.
Post some pics of the problem.
Frank

Hi Frank and Wandering Sagebrush

Can't seem to post pics as files are too big.

Frank - your suggestion is perfect - I can have a plate made that will anchor above the area I am having problems with and then anchor my lift jack bracket to the new plate from the camper side out though the bracket. Thanks SO much for this suggestion.

Wayne - Airdrie Alberta Canada

wrsmith22 said:

Frank - your suggestion is perfect - I can have a plate made that will anchor above the area I am having problems with and then anchor my lift jack bracket to the new plate from the camper side out though the bracket. Thanks SO much for this suggestion.

Wayne,

I'm in Calgary... If you want you can email me the files, or I can create spot on DropBox or Google Docs or OneDrive for you to put them for me to access.

Plus, if you need help with the plate solution Frank suggested, let me know.

Vic

wrsmith22 said:

Wayne I hope that works for you.
It served me for many years.
Frank

Wayne,when I post pictures I download from my I-photo to desktop at a medium or large size.
Then start a post ,click on the "more reply options" lower right corner.
Click browse ,add to post.
This has worked for me.You can usually add 2 large or 4 medium photos at a time.
Frank

Back
Top Bottom