Steens Mountain Weekend

Stew -
Here's another long-winded answer...but I can't help myself explaining thoroughly
tongue.gif

In my browser I go to the page I want to link to (like that HDR entry on Wikipedia) and copy the URL from the address line -- whatever it's called -- in the browser. Then I start a reply or post in WTW. In the text of my reply I select the text that I want to use as the basis for the link -- like I selected "HDR". One of the tool/options icons in the reply window -- between the smiley face icon and the Insert Image icon -- is an icon for "Insert Link". I open that and in the space for "URL" I paste the previously-copied URL I started with (from Wikipedia, for example). The Link Text should show the text I selected already (e.g., "HDR"). Then I click "Insert Link" at the bottom of the Insert Link window, and that produces the link.
- Mark :)

I, for one, am happy you are long-winded and I see the "insert link" button!

Thanks,
Stew

Steens East-Rim Panorama

I put together a 360° panorama from shots I took from the East Rim Overlook. Click on the thumbnail image or link below to download the full 360° QTVR pano file.

Steens East Rim Overlook Panorama

You can pan down and up a bit, as well as all the way around.
(You need to have the free QuickTime player/viewer downloadable from Apple.)

It was very smoky-hazy last weekend from wildfires...but it's still a dramatic spot.
Gotta go back again this fall before it's snowed in.

Wow Mark that is an amazing shot!

Thanks, Aaron.
I'd like to put the pano in the Steens East Rim Overlook gallery, but there's no way to post the actual QTVR (.mov) file. Hmmm...I guess I could post a version there as a regular photo in flat, "unrolled" form, with a link to the "live" 360° panable version...like I did here, but I'll post a bigger "flat" photo.

Looks good Mark,

One row Vertical pano at ~16-24mm? PTGui?

I have a bunch shoot but I need to get off my butt and buy a new computer that can handle putting them together!

Looks good Mark,

One row Vertical pano at ~16-24mm? PTGui?

I have a bunch shoot but I need to get off my butt and buy a new computer that can handle putting them together!

Thanks, and good guess on the focal length!
smile.gif
Yeah, 16mm -- on a DX sensor -- so that's a FOV like a 24mm. 12 portrait-orientation shots, with lots of overlap.
I used Panorama Factory to put it together.

Totally one of the coolest places in the State! Really love the panorama shot. Snow at the summit? Maybe we are in for a hard winter like the almanac says.

Totally one of the coolest places in the State! Really love the panorama shot. Snow at the summit? Maybe we are in for a hard winter like the almanac says.

Thanks HS. :)
I hope we have a hard winter -- I like winter... But I don't like snow and ice on the roads in town..or on my long, shaded driveway...or on my front steps.
How can I have it both ways??? :rolleyes:

I'm with you on that one! Maybe we need one of those new campers with the teleport mod. :LOL: Then we can live in Palm Springs but be in Park City in a split second.

Back
Top Bottom