Steve McGueen's Truck Camper

I love these trucks. I restored a '49 GMC longbed like this in high school. I always wanted to put a homemade camper on it like this. My inspiration was the "Peyote Wagon" from the book "Even cowgirls get the Blues". Never got that far though. In college I was broke and had to sell it for money. Sold it to a knucklehead and 2 years later a friend at schools husband bought it from him. As far as I know he still has it.

Every gearhead has a car that got away that they wish they still had. This is mine.

Wow, nice rig. Did Steve ever do ANYTHING that wasn't cool? The 95k bid listed still didn't meet the reserve price. I wonder how much it'll fetch...

I put on my FB page and a friend is now high bidder. I told him the seller is going to lower the reserve and he is going to own it.

Bill

billharr said:
I put on my FB page and a friend is now high bidder. I told him the seller is going to lower the reserve and he is going to own it.

Bill
Maybe so, but my bet is the real bidding will begin at 4:42 pm on Monday.

ski3pin said:
Maybe so, but my bet is the real bidding will begin at 4:42 pm on Monday.
You are correct I have it on my watch list. Years ago I was a power seller for a while on Ebay.

43 minutes to go. Bid retracted and reserve not met. Looks like you can pick up up for only $98,000.01

Back
Top Bottom