Steve McGueen's Truck Camper

Wandering Sagebrush said:
So Mr. 3pin, where will you store it?
I'm soooooooooooo stoked I've decided I need a huge new garage and shop. I have an appointment with an architect and engineer tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I'm so happy I won that big lotto jackpot this past spring!

ski3pin said:
I'm soooooooooooo stoked I've decided I need a huge new garage and shop. I have an appointment with an architect and engineer tomorrow to get the ball rolling. I'm so happy I won that big lotto jackpot this past spring!
I never buy them. The chances of winning are the same whether or not you purchase a ticket... ;)

ski3pin said:
Okay then!!
Introducing Mr. SkiMcQueen, camper extraordinaire!
Maybe you should knock down your house so you have more room for your shop. ;)

So cool you won. Did you really win a lotto jackpot? That's almost as cool and glad to see you are using the money for something fun!

So Mr. 3pin, where will you store it?
kmcintyre said:
So cool you won. Did you really win a lotto jackpot? That's almost as cool and glad to see you are using the money for something fun!
If I had won a huge lotto jackpot, I'm still cursed with levelheadedness that would not allow indiscriminate spending on a truck just because it was "cool". In fact, it doesn't allow purchasing lotto tickets.

I could not resist Mr. Sage's joke question about where I was storing the truck. :eek:

So Bill, did your buddy win the eBay auction? :)

I never buy them. The chances of winning are the same whether or not you purchase a ticket... ;)
Same here. I believe the "whether you purchase a ticket or not" quote originated decades ago when Indiana passed a state lottery. A television news reporter found a Purdue University statistics professor and asked about the odds of winning the new lottery, and he said the odds were pretty much the same whether you buy a ticket or not.

In recent weeks I've seen sale listings of McQueen's Porsche and now this vintage truck and camper. For grins, look up John Wayne's International Harvester Travelall. It is (was?) heavily customized, right down to a raised roof to accomodate the tall Duke and a 10-gallon hat. Nice late 50s/early 60s body style. On display at a John Wayne museum somewhere?

Foy

Back
Top Bottom