Stop along 50 otw to GB?

craig333

Riley's Human
So it seems to be an eight hour drive and due to last minute planning and packing I won't be getting a nice early start. What are some easy relatively close to the highway places to camp?

P.S. Hoping to get monday off and make it a five day trip. Weather is looking great so far.

Illipah reservoir between Eureka and Ely, Ward Charcoal Ovens State Park south of Ely, Sacramento Pass west of Great Basin National Park.

Good options depending on when I want to stop. Now to figure out where to stop for breakfast!

craig333 said:
Good options depending on when I want to stop. Now to figure out where to stop for breakfast!
DirtyDog has eaten breakfast in the International Hotel in Austin. We saw him do it with our own eyes. Up the street is the Toiyabe Cafe - serviceable.

Probably earlier in your route so it won't work, but the Courtyard Cafe in Fallon is one of my favorites.

Haven't been there for a few years, but the restaurant in the Hotel Nevada in Ely was always a reliable stop. Not fancy, but filling. And the hotel is a cool old building too. Was the tallest in Nevada for a while and the first elevator, if i remember correctly.

Now I'm wishing I'd inquired which roads are dirt looking at the rain maps. Oh well, packing up the camper and leaving shortly. May be a bit more of an adventure than I'd thought :)

Back
Top Bottom