Storage behind turnbuclke doors?

We have been ordering some of our evening meals (just me and my wife, working 10-11 hour days) from an online source that ships out the food in an insulated box with dry ice. The insulation batting material is able to be recycled (composted?) and the plastic bags covering the insulation material recycled. However, we were considering stuffing the insulation bags in that space during cold weather camping months for R value. If/when they get wet/punctured/torn we can then recycle them.

Stalking Light said:
I keep tow straps, shackles and other things I don't mind getting wet there.

Charlie

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West
. Wet snatch straps and tree protectors have a greatly reduced weight rating. Best to keep them dry.

I (laboriously) increased the size of my 2012 Hawk's turnbuckle doors by maybe 2" in each dimension. This greatly aided inserting stuff for starage and did not appear to compromise strength. I also weather stripped the new doors and used the cam action locks from double hung windows for a MUCH tighter seal.

Durango1 said:
I (laboriously) increased the size of my 2012 Hawk's turnbuckle doors by maybe 2" in each dimension. This greatly aided inserting stuff for starage and did not appear to compromise strength. I also weather stripped the new doors and used the cam action locks from double hung windows for a MUCH tighter seal.
pictures? pleeease?

Durango1 said:

"Tighter seal'...was there water entering through old doors?

Phil

Wallowa said:
"Tighter seal'...was there water entering through old doors?

Phil
Don't you get a "tighter seal" by spiking their water dish with tequila?

Sorry, couldn't control myself. ;)
Paul

Jumper cables, boards for leveling/deep sand, bucket, water proof odds and ends.

PaulT said:
Don't you get a "tighter seal" by spiking their water dish with tequila?

Sorry, couldn't control myself. ;)
Paul

Excellent! But I assume you are referring to "seal" and not "Seal"; tequila has no affect on the latter. :D

Phil

Back
Top Bottom