storage ideas--four wheel well cavities

scappoosebrad

Advanced Member
Wow... we finally received out Fleet..."camping" for a few days at my wife's son's place using our time to slowly stow necessary "stuff" in all the various drawers, cabinets, etc...

All storage areas pretty full, but wondering about all the space outside each "turnbuckle door" that reveal a cavity outside the camper on the p/u bed... lots of potential storage but items will be exposed to the weather...

Love to hear if and how folks use these 4 areas for storage... appreciate your thoughts, ideas, pluses/minuses, items you may stow in those 4 areas... thanks...

scappoosebrad said:
Wow... we finally received out Fleet..."camping" for a few days at my wife's son's place using our time to slowly stow necessary "stuff" in all the various drawers, cabinets, etc...

All storage areas pretty full, but wondering about all the space outside each "turnbuckle door" that reveal a cavity outside the camper on the p/u bed... lots of potential storage but items will be exposed to the weather...

Love to hear if and how folks use these 4 areas for storage... appreciate your thoughts, ideas, pluses/minuses, items you may stow in those 4 areas... thanks...
Good news! I assume the oil canning roof is fixed. What was found?

We put things that we don't often need, that aren't affected by dust/water, etc.. Tire chains, recycled cans...

26" D-handled Shovel, charcoal in ziplock, 2x8x8 on which to set bottle jack or lego block leveling block on rocky land. Maybe some other things I forgot about & now lost to the ages. :)

Paul

One pound propane bottles for the barbecue, 5 gallon collapsable gray water container, leveling blocks, air pump, and contraband.

Water Bottles, Canned Drinks, on the front drivers side as it provides for easier access on my '10 Hawk. Rear Driver side gets a collapsable water tank, and kitty litter stored in large peanut butter jars for the PETT Toilette. Depending on the weather I may put toilette bags. I can reach my hand from the outside between the box and camper on the Driver Side. The couch makes it more cumbersome to reach stuff on the Pass Side.

Hiking sticks, unstuck gear, wet rain suits, dirty clothes and most of the above.

David Graves

thanks folks... we have a good list to start with and guidelines.... on our Fleet, probably will just use the driver side areas for its ease of access...the pass side doors are both under the bench seat...as mentioned, harder to get to

Back
Top Bottom