Storage Pictures!

right on guys! thanks for the suggestions and pictures...i am always amazed at how efficient people are with their use of space! keep em' commin'!

Nice rig and plenty of storage. I'm surprized no one on the list has this type of rig. I seriously considered a service body for my Tundra, was quoted around $6000, weight was suppose to be about 200# more than stock bed. Link to site with pics is http://dodgeram.org/ki4cy/my_ram.html#ak

Attachments

• Copy of camp07.jpg
    Copy of camp07.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 508
  • Copy of camper20.jpg
    Copy of camper20.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 496
Also, extra cab storage organization.

Pics like that show me that I should put a lot more thought into loading the truck and not just the camper. Great job!

Kilroy,
Like you I considered a service body or one of those new type thatlook like the stock box but have storage like a service body but weight and, alas, cost kept me out of that ball park. If it isnt too much trouble I might take the rear seat out on longer trips. That would give me quite a bit more storage.

ah yes, the utility body trucks

those are the SWEET set-up, but really expensive

the standard FWC camper won't fit in those unless the utility bed is custom made to fit the camper

we can modifiy the "empty shell model" to fit these, but the regular camper models will NOT fit is these beds

here are some sample pics ...

(noticed how the utility bed us shaped -- not a straight-up, over the bed rail type design -- it is double stepped to fit the double step in the camper base)

Attachments

• Utility Bed Truck with Camper.jpg
    Utility Bed Truck with Camper.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 467
  • Utility Bed with Camper on Dodge Ram.jpg
    Utility Bed with Camper on Dodge Ram.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 477
  • Utility Bed with Dodge Ram and Camper.jpg
    Utility Bed with Dodge Ram and Camper.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 471
  • Utility Bed  (full shot).jpg
    Utility Bed (full shot).jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 470
  • Ultility Bed (Chet Custom 4).JPG
    Ultility Bed (Chet Custom 4).JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 464
i really like the look of standard cab trucks, shorter wheel base, especially with the FWC/ATC combo but i really can't imagine not having the extra space, especially with the dogs. what do those out there who have standard cabs think? any thoughts? just curious, not planning on a new truck anytime soon but would consider a std. cab when the time comes.
My reason for an 8' bed (that is only available in Reg & Double Cab) is I want to haul fence posts, 4x8 plywood, AND, there is only myself and wife.

The picture below is actually a 2008 Reg Cab I "borrowed" from the Toyota site. (That area is about 17"x55".)

Mike

Attachments

• BehindRegCabSeat_1.jpg
    BehindRegCabSeat_1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 414
I don't have storage with my 1983 Toyota Truck! I would like to have some kind of extra cab for some amount of storage behind the seat.

We have to do the extra bags and chairs transfer to the cab at night. So I don't get to bring some things I might need.

Storage is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom