Succor Creek

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
The Bride and I were tired of puttering around the Fort, so loaded the dogs into the truck, and did a day trip to Succor Creek. The balsam root, phlox and other spring flowers are beautiful, the hillsides have greened up, and the roads are dry, but rutted in a few places. Then came the surprise… there were people everywhere. Lots of large groups (perhaps over 20) of ATV/UTV users and campers dispersed across the area. I was shocked at the number of people. The campground was full (as was the pit toilet) on both sides of the creek. As we were leaving to head towards Leslie Gulch, the septic pump truck arrived, probably to the applause of the campers. Our trip took us out on the Idaho side, and home via US 95 and I 84.

It was great to get out, but this will be a week day area for us in the future.

Edit: I should add… the ATV/UTV crowd seemed well behaved on the roads.

gallery_4841_711_3624322.jpeg

Great photo, Steve. Yeah, the Boise metro area population has exploded since I lived there in the 70's.

AWG_Pics said:
Great photo, Steve. Yeah, the Boise metro area population has exploded since I lived there in the 70's.
Tony, thank you! The majority of the plates were from Idaho. Nothing wrong with that, it’s just our population keeps growing.

Karen and I found some really nice dispersed camping sites upstream from the park. They were quite scenic looking down into the canyon. I'm sure your sharp eyes scoped them out on your way through. Pretty cool you can day-trip into the Owyhee from your basecamp.

Back
Top Bottom